Slide Pod/Bed solution

Pearny

Hi All,
Newbie here so be gentle lol
I am looking for a slide pod type option that will also give me a bed option for my T6 Kombi with fold down rear seats, I currently don't intend to go down the full camper route hence this would give me and option for short sleeping/cooking trips.
Anyone got this kind of set up? better still any photos?
TIA
Pearny

Hi All,
Newbie here so be gentle lol
I am looking for a slide pod type option that will also give me a bed option for my T6 Kombi with fold down rear seats, I currently don't intend to go down the full camper route hence this would give me and option for short sleeping/cooking trips.
Anyone got this kind of set up? better still any photos?
TIA
Pearny
Hi @Pearny …I’ve got a pod/bed..but its got no cooker…..we cook using portable thetford grill or cadac ..the pod is better for stoarage

20EE9DBC-644B-4716-AD5D-313F3C4BD3F3.jpegDF73151A-0E7A-4A93-8DCC-8127DD7BD314.png624B5E0A-877D-4BAC-80E0-E1A844B27C35.jpeg

Mate, I have an Exploria bed with a sliding tray underneath....put a camping grill or dog cage on the tray

20210707_153149.jpg

I have one of these which I keep in the van all the time, I can fit my Kombi seats in as well if I need to take passengers but cant use the bed with them in
Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 15.41.16.pngScreenshot 2021-07-07 at 15.41.05.pngScreenshot 2021-07-07 at 15.41.28.png

We have this setup... Amdro Kombi boot jump! Can be taken in and out in 5 mins (2 bolts to existing tie down points). The bed acts as a sort of bulk head to pack against when on the move.

IMG_0563.jpg

The thing on the back of the Kombi seats is a double bed. Fold the seats flat and it opens out. Then the orange cushions become a mattress. It works for us.

IMG_3308.jpg

The important thing for me was i could still use the van as a car/van. So without taking anything out i can still load 6+ full sheets of plywood/plasterboard or long lengths of pipes etc... so it works really well. When i need to FILL the van (almost never) i can take everything out and have a great load space.

Perfect for our needs :)

Back