Sleeping: upstairs or down?

Rustic12

T6 Pro
Might be a bit of a weird question but where do you all like to sleep when you’re in your bus ? Upstairs or downstairs . Only been away in a hired one for a couple of nights and we went up with the gods . Bit tricky getting up there but comfy. We took too much stuff with us to try the bed downstairs . Got a new van coming end of year so will be interested in what everyone’s preferences are
cheers

Both have their advantages. If I’m away on my own I’ll sleep up the top, you can leave the bedding up there and just push the bed up. If it’s really cold or windy I’ll sleep downstairs.

if I’m away with the wife then it’s a bit of a squeeze upstairs but I’m an early riser and she’s not so if she’s still in bed upstairs I can still use the downstairs of the van.

If the kids are with us, then they sleep up top. If it’s just me and the misses then we still sleep down stairs but with the roof up and the top bed pushed up out of the way. Feels more roomy then.

If I’m alone I sleep downstairs (much comfier). If I’m with the kids they sleep down and I sleep up as one is too young to go up top and I haven’t managed to talk the older one into it yet. The upstairs mattress is much thinner though and even with a topper it’s not very comfy. Can’t put a thicker topper on either or the roof doesn’t close properly (SCA non-sprung roof bed)

tried upstairs once, both of us woke up around 4.00 in pain. folded out the Rib downstairs and crawled in
won't be sleeping upstairs again any time soon, way to uncomfortable

Always downstairs for me, never even tried upstairs. Always with the other half. Hang on does this reply sound right ha ha

Our default is to sleep up top with a mattress topper, but a few gale-force winds in Scotland we slept downstairs.

Back