Skyline Skylow Roof 2023

Ralpher

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, I just had a Skylow roof fitted. Not had time to use it as yet, just erected it (ooer Mrs) to see what it looked like when not banging it down with rain!

It looks nice and neat, seems to be quiet enough too.

I'm looking for a blow-up mattress for the minature dictator who will be using it (he doesn't need to pee 7 times a night, plus he's a lot smaller, lighter and fitter!) so if anyone has any ideas please? :)

Van 22.jpg

Van 23.jpg

Van 24.jpg

Post some pics of your new roof,

Up and down.

Do they offer a thin foam mattress? Does the bed base come with 'springs' or a hardboard base? I know some poptop suppliers offer bent ply slats.

Looks like a really nice job on the outside.

Please could you post some pics of the interior install as well? Specifically the cutout shape, the material used to cap the edges of the cut roof (angled aluminium?) and the system they’ve installed to tie the roof down (straps, handles, clips etc).

Nice, where did you get this fitted and how much please ....
Hi, I bought it from the manufacturers and they installed it. Skyline Roofs Bristol.

The reason for this was that if anything should go wrong, I have no issues with third-party installers (and I'm sure some of them are just as good as Skyline).

The Skylow is expensive, costing me about £4660 with a black Gel-Coat roof, scenic roof option, bi-fold bed board and trim to the same.

There are cheaper roofs out there but I only want to do this once.

PS; They had an offer on, which gave me £500 pounds of free something or other, although you might be hard pushed no notice!

info@skylineroofs.co.uk

Last edited:
Do they offer a thin foam mattress? Does the bed base come with 'springs' or a hardboard base? I know some poptop suppliers offer bent ply slats.
Hi Dave, you can't get a gnat's cock above the roof board when it's closed, in fact it's slightly tricky to close the front part of the roof (ceiling) cover, as you have to take care with the collapsed canvas.

Basically, the "bed" is 18mm plywood, covered in your choice of 4-way stretch lining carpet. I'm still trying to find a blow-up mattress (not doll!) which I can leave up there while deflated.

You will either need to do the same, or stow a mattress below and just stick it up the top while in use.

Sorry but it's a grim choice which I found hard to chose between, as I'd hoped to install a wonderful starry ceiling vista in the ceiling but was unable to. :cry:

Last edited:
There are no straps apart from the two which you pull down on when lowering the roof.
The roof itself is held down with two levers which work in the same way (but better I hope!) as your electrical mains head box cover (the square key used is similar) so is very neat.
There have been a few reports of roofs opening while driving but in my opinion, this must have been user error from people either forgetting to fasten the roof down or doing it incorrectly. It's also possible that poor installation is to blame.

I have in spected the mechanism carefully and believe that as long as it's correctly installed and closed properly, it's a prefectly sound mechanism but I will let everyone make up their own minds! :)

Reactions: CAB
That looks great, and I say that as a happy HiLo owner.

My mates have Skyline's, all fitted at head office, all three of them have been very happy with their roofs (Auroras).

Back