Sidebar Fitting Issues

Ed Webb

Webber
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Finally picked up ,y van today and so the process of putting the collection of parcels in the living room onto the new toy. Everything was going well until the sidebars. I chose a set with steps as the other half tends to stand on them.
From the outside photo you can see the design and you may be able to see that they are leaning slightly towards the van.
This is due to the mounting design, looking on the forum it seems different to most and has two bars mounting across the van that the bars then attach to. once mounted the space between the bars isn't big enough to fit the brackets on the side bars comfortably and I've sort of squashed them on. I shall include photos of the instructions to help you see what I've been working from.
Under the van the rear bar is mounting on the swing arm bracket. the front is where any adjustment can be made but sadly there brackets cant go any further forward. hopefully you can work out what I mean by the photos.
Is this because its a t6 and its a t5 bar? would normal fitting bars fit perfectly?
Any advice would be greatly received. 20170629_174651.jpg 20170629_182422.jpg 20170629_182434.jpg

20170629_174737.jpg

20170629_174746.jpg

Oh and to help with confusion Pic.1 & Pic.3 in the instructions are upside down. Not sure if that sets the standard for the side bars or if its meant to be that way.

All looks a bit complex that. I have never fitted any so you will need someone that has, but I have seen easier ones to fit. Hope you get them sorted as it must be frustrating!

I thought it was a weird set up when I saw the instructions. I decided that due to it being a step and not a bar that this was a more secure way of attaching. I have a feeling they may be for sale at some point unless I can sort it.

Sounds daft, are they back to front?. I.e
The D ring over the cut edge of the large round bar?. Cant really make out pic 1

Cancel that, it would make the step gixing point wider.

I shall be leaving them as they are for now but I notice it every time I walk up to the van. I'm also kicking myself as I've recently spotted the Sportline sidebars with puddle lights for sale in the forum shop :(

7065D418-26E0-4AF8-83A7-6C17957029C5.jpegI have just got oem style side bars from vee dub/van pimps, but some of my fixings don’t match the instructions (which are pretty poor tbh) or YouTube vid. Has anyone had any experience with these? If so could ya please check my pics and advise me, am I just being a numpty? or have I got the right amount of fixings? can’t wait to get them on. Ta!

F09254D4-5C2D-4534-9B9D-F1067492656D.jpeg

3CC43702-F500-467C-9D46-D5AF454A56D2.jpeg

Back