Side-window black-out screens?

taff1888

Hi all,

Recently joined the T6 owner world. Slept in it for the first night last night on the in laws drive. I had bought a black out screen for the windscreen and front windows from fuel lagoon, and for the price I was very happy with it. However, for the window in the sliding door and opposite, what do you guys use to blackout the light?

P.s. sorry if this is a regular thread

Cheers

here still thinking about it, will probably go with curtains. Had thought about kind of 'replacing' the standard Multivan sun blinds (block the sun, but don't totally block like the California ones). Unfortunately the California ones don't fit as they're built up in a different way.

Have seen some people here have used blinds (different types) that look cool too.

Hi all,

Recently joined the T6 owner world. Slept in it for the first night last night on the in laws drive. I had bought a black out screen for the windscreen and front windows from fuel lagoon, and for the price I was very happy with it. However, for the window in the sliding door and opposite, what do you guys use to blackout the light?

P.s. sorry if this is a regular thread

Cheers
Hi.. I got the full set from Fuel Lagoon which includes the sliding doors...they do sell the side blinds separately ;)

or buy this

9F323B72-697B-42FB-BBF0-5946A1E555EC.jpeg

I made my own temporary ones for my first camping trip using some black material cut to the size of the windows and a dozen strong magnets

Fold up small when not in use and offer complete privacy and blackout

Not needed anything else

I made my own temporary ones for my first camping trip using some black material cut to the size of the windows and a dozen strong magnets

Fold up small when not in use and offer complete privacy and blackout

Not needed anything else
Where did you get your material from?
Does it do the job?

I’m looking at this for my camper.
The rear nearside window is encased with a plastic trim, so I imagine I’ll need really strong magnets to mate with the metalwork beneath, or fit poppers and use them instead.
F26B7F65-BFD2-48E7-B1C5-611E465BF049.png

The other two windows are VGC flush-fit sliders (which have the large black band), so I’m thinking I can make up a curtain with elasticated edges and stretch it around the window runners.
EAC7B1B6-3901-48A7-9B2D-83DF136DB1E7.png

I’ve made temporary ones today. Initially tried sewing up some old duvet cover and insert 12mm disc magnets in the hem but was too much of a phaff.

Went with the Wickes bubble wrap insulation and Gaffa taped magnets. Perfect for the portaloo in the back (To avoid using public toilets when out and about) and the occasional night in the van.

7D687ED6-4FF5-46D0-AD92-A82D716A9DB8.jpeg

FE82A6E7-9ACF-4B73-B079-D47F26251F51.jpeg

Back