Side on Sunday.

I’ve been doing a pre-winter wax on my van, bloody hate it, it’s up there with ironing and Saturday night TV in my list of ’unbearables’.
Is there a better way?

I’ve been doing a pre-winter wax on my van, bloody hate it, it’s up there with ironing and Saturday night TV in my list of ’unbearables’.
Is there a better way?
Ceramic coating applied by a detailer every year or two, save you having to wax ever again.

Ceramic coating applied by a detailer every year or two, save you having to wax ever again.
Thanks for the advice, 800 quid for a car so FN how much for a van, I’ll stick with the elbow grease I think.

Thanks for the advice, 800 quid for a car so FN how much for a van, I’ll stick with the elbow grease I think.
The actual application of the ceramic coat costs a fraction of that price. It's the machine polishing and preparation to improve the paint finish before the ceramic is applied that costs the money. If you're happy with the condition of the paintwork and just want the protection of a ceramic it can be done for as little as £200 I would estimate. If you still don't fancy it then yeah, you'll have to keep doing the wax.

Reactions: DXX
Is there a better way?
not tried it, but you could look into the wash on, wash off "ceramic" coats, like Gyeon wet coat, and Gtechniq easy-coat

Back