Side on Sunday.

Do you have a gadget on your keys to keep the pump pumping?
If so, can you tell me what and where from ?

Yep..

It's an old fire extinguisher pin.

But any old similar thing works. Just push it through the holes in the pump handle.

20190203_111143.jpg

EDIT:

Dellmassive`s Fuel-pump-agro-saver > only £99+free shipping =]

20190206_073552.jpg 20190206_073606.jpg

Last edited:
This was last Sunday actually, wee bit different now with the white stuff. I'd be embarrassed to post a picture, it's absolutely filthy with the state of the roads and I can't wash it or the neighbours would hang me for making an ice rink :geek:

20190127-154352.jpg

20190127-155509.jpg

Yep..

It's an old fire extinguisher pin.

But any old similar thing works. Just push it through the holes in the pump handle.

View attachment 36375

I once got into a debate with a pump attendant in Grimsby for locking the handle while I filled. Ended up telling him to f*** off after repeatedly asking him to stop annoying me, "I'm 48 years old, I've filled a vehicle once or twice now you know"

I once got into a debate with a pump attendant in Grimsby for locking the handle while I filled. Ended up telling him to f*** off after repeatedly asking him to stop annoying me, "I'm 48 years old, I've filled a vehicle once or twice now you know"

If your as young as i am, you will remember all pump handles had the 3 pegs fitted for this very purpose,

but by all accounts due to H&S and some twits not sussing out how to squeeze the handle to disengage the catch and spilling fuel all over the place they had to be removed . . . . . well in the UK anyway (years ago).

back in the day i had about 20 old-fire-extinguisher pins . . . . . . now sadly this is my last one after all the rest got shanghaied by friends and family (cheeky gits).

its the kinda thing you expect to see on Wish.com but allas :cry:. . . . . we will have to Mcguver our own ones for now.

its one of my pet-hates - filling the tank up.......

i leave it to the very last drop, then fill it till its brimming :p . . . . . . then count down the days in anguish till i have to do it again. :mad:

this little tool makes my life slightly more bearable and amusing as other pump users look on in wonder as i lean back an relax while the pump does its thing. ;)

If your as young as i am, you will remember all pump handles had the 3 pegs fitted for this very purpose,

but by all accounts due to H&S and some twits not sussing out how to squeeze the handle to disengage the catch and spilling fuel all over the place they had to be removed . . . . . well in the UK anyway (years ago).

back in the day i had about 20 old-fire-extinguisher pins . . . . . . now sadly this is my last one after all the rest got shanghaied by friends and family (cheeky gits).

its the kinda thing you expect to see on Wish.com but allas :cry:. . . . . we will have to Mcguver our own ones for now.

its one of my pet-hates - filling the tank up.......

i leave it to the very last drop, then fill it till its brimming :p . . . . . . then count down the days in anguish till i have to do it again. :mad:

this little tool makes my life slightly more bearable and amusing as other pump users look on in wonder as i lean back an relax while the pump does its thing. ;)

I used to just jam the cap in the gap to hold the trigger but the T6 dangly string isn't long enough to do this.
I'll need to contact Tim Leatherman and see if he'll make a fold out pin on a micro tool.

I should've taken a picture earlier, we were in a VW Fest of parkage at the SECC

The parking attendant actually had a bit of sense and must've been a VW fan.
There was only a few left when we were leaving

20190210-154620.jpg

20190209-172222.jpg

Back