Side Chrome Trims

HHO

T6 Guru
Thinking about getting my dealer to order me a set of the side chrome trims like are fitted to the Caravelle. Anyone else seen any fitted to a Kombi? My side tubes are silver so want to see if they look ok or just too much and better left standard side panel.

@HHO did you get these fitted in the end? Want to get a set for ours but not sure if I can get for a twin slider.

I've ordered a set for mine which is a twin slider. The side ones retail at around £340, and the tailgate trim nearly £100. As pauly said elsewhere, there are similar looking side trims in the vw accessory list for about 1/3 the price, but from what i can gather are deeper so went with oe type fitment.

I've ordered a set for mine which is a twin slider. The side ones retail at around £340, and the tailgate trim nearly £100. As pauly said elsewhere, there are similar looking side trims in the vw accessory list for about 1/3 the price, but from what i can gather are deeper so went with oe type fitment.
Any pics?

Will post a pic when i've got them. They should be the Caravelle executive chrome pack ones.

I put some of the eBay copies on mine along with the chrome indicator covers last week but just realised I didn't put any pics up, will do it today

I put some of the eBay copies on mine along with the chrome indicator covers last week but just realised I didn't put any pics up, will do it today

@andys due you know if they are the same sort of quality as the vanstyle grill trims?

@andys due you know if they are the same sort of quality as the vanstyle grill trims?
They're not quite as thick as the grille trims, but not far off. They do have problems in that they are flexible pieces, cut to size and rolled up, which does make them hard to get straight and follow the swage line. With hindsight I'd suggest straigntening them out while warming them up and leaving them under boards to get some shape before fitting. They also use the VHB tape that I have come to loath, and when the first one I fitted had started to curl up and move away from the body before I'd even finished the last File 19-08-2017, 11 25 08.jpeg I lost all faith in it and restuck the the trims using a tube of Sikkens adhesive/sealer I had lying around.

The wheel are a bit mucky as I have the rims coated in WD40, which I've read is the best thing for shifting the remnants of the VHB tape stuck on from the Rimblades when they fell off

Back