Side assist - poor on nearside

Ukfozzybear

OBDii User
T6 Guru
My nearside side assist doesn’t work as well as the offside.
Any ideas what I should check please.
Thx

My nearside side assist doesn’t work as well as the offside.
Any ideas what I should check please.
Thx
Any more details? Not detecting or false alarms? At what speed? "Target" on neighbouring lane, or further away, closing speed?
Possibly dirt build up inside the "radome" and on the actual sensor? Rain?

A picture showing the sensors:

Any more details? Not detecting or false alarms? At what speed? "Target" on neighbouring lane, or further away, closing speed?
Possibly dirt build up inside the "radome" and on the actual sensor? Rain?

A picture showing the sensors:
No false alarms, it fails to detect on the near side but only sometimes.
speeds are motorway speeds (60-70)
Its when I pass traffic, the speed they are doing varies. it fails to spot HGV's so thats 65 mph and i'l doing an indicated 70.
they are in lane 1 and i'm in lane 2.
it's a radar so i didn't think dirt would cause issue with the sensing but i'm looking for any input so i will remove the light and check the unit.
same in rain and normal conditions.

van is booked in to VW for a battery issue on the 17th so i may also ask if they can give me any ideas too.

Thanks for the clarifications.
Its when I pass traffic, the speed they are doing varies. it fails to spot HGV's so thats 65 mph and i'l doing an indicated 70.
I think it is not even to designed to detect vehicles that you're passing as they are "moving further away" thus not on collision course. Mine (a retrofitted one as in the other thread) warns only of vehicles closing up (or being "stationary" in blind spot). Perhaps someone having experience of the OEM one can confirm or overrule this. @Robert @Deaky ?

it's a radar so i didn't think dirt would cause issue with the sensing but i'm looking for any input so i will remove the light and check the unit.
same in rain and normal conditions.
Agreed, just an idea as the installation location is not sealed. Anyways dirt probably won't improve performance ;)

I think detection of vehicles that your passing depends on how quickly you are passing them. I’ll take one next time I pass a HGV and report back.

mine is OEM.

watching the video (from your thread), at 50 seconds in of the first video it warns when the van is in the 3rd lane as it goes to move into the second.
mine does that but only occasionally. i also noted in the video that it didn't go on for the hgv's but did for the small van..

Reactions: mmi
Back