Sick of waiting!!!!!

Was expecting delivery of my new 150 DSG this week and was just informed from dealer today that it will be another 4 weeks, at that rate I might as well wait until the 1st July so that I will get the second part of year registration which has been brought in here so I will have a 172 reg. Is it unreasonable to demand a loan vehicle from the dealer until I am ready to collect my own? as my own is now sold. Has anyone else had a dealer give them a loan van while they wait!!

Was expecting delivery of my new 150 DSG this week and was just informed from dealer today that it will be another 4 weeks, at that rate I might as well wait until the 1st July so that I will get the second part of year registration which has been brought in here so I will have a 172 reg. Is it unreasonable to demand a loan vehicle from the dealer until I am ready to collect my own? as my own is now sold. Has anyone else had a dealer give them a loan van while they wait!!
I have certainly heard of that before, but sometimes they can charge a milage amount, equal to the saving you are making not clocking up the miles on yours in terms of depreciation/servicing/ware and tear etc.

I got a loan van ,dealer sorted it but it came via vw head office Milton Keynes
I had sold mine at 13 weeks as they told me it would be 12/14 weeks for the new van it turned into 10 months ,so had a loan van for 5 months .

You've got nothing to lose, so it has to be worth trying.

So the dealer is going to organise something for me alright within the next few days, my van arrival will be 4-5 so at that stage I may as well wait till 1st July to register it. I was going to ask the dealer if I could drive it to my house on his garage plates and park it up at home for 3-4 weeks while waiting until 1st July to register it, while it is parked at my house then I can start on all the work I have planned so this would be ideal for my, I wonder would they allow this to happen!!!!

Ordered T6 Euro5.1 in March last year, Imperial Beeston lost the order, re ordered T6 Euro 6 (they'd stopped production of the 5.1 by then) with Imperial Derby in April. It turned up beginning December then took them further three weeks to fit leather so got it week before Christmas. As the one that turned up was a bag of nuts and bolts it went back and another one ordered. So technically I'm 14 months in and still waiting!

@Samgough - are you working around here again? There's a 17 plate T6 that looks very much like yours working (or rather it's owner is working) just past the end of our road.

Ordered T6 Euro5.1 in March last year, Imperial Beeston lost the order, re ordered T6 Euro 6 (they'd stopped production of the 5.1 by then) with Imperial Derby in April. It turned up beginning December then took them further three weeks to fit leather so got it week before Christmas. As the one that turned up was a bag of nuts and bolts it went back and another one ordered. So technically I'm 14 months in and still waiting!
Wow that is proper bad luck. Hope the next one is better.

Yep, you couldn't make it up!
The real sad thing is that I don't think any of us are all that surprised considering the terrible customer service exhibited by an awful lot of VWCV Stealers that many have reported.

So the dealer is going to organise something for me alright within the next few days, my van arrival will be 4-5 so at that stage I may as well wait till 1st July to register it. I was going to ask the dealer if I could drive it to my house on his garage plates and park it up at home for 3-4 weeks while waiting until 1st July to register it, while it is parked at my house then I can start on all the work I have planned so this would be ideal for my, I wonder would they allow this to happen!!!!

Why 1st July?

We have a new regustration system here similar to the uk system I think where your year for registration runs from 1st March to 1st Sept for 16 or 65 number on plate
Well we have for say a 2017 vehicle between 1st Jan to 31St June you would have a 171 at the start of plate and second have the year would be 172 + a series of numbers!
So by waiting people buying in future will know the van is from July onwards

New van arrived this week which I have been waiting for anxiously, two issues were, it came with back windows and came with double seat instead of single. I have decided to except it and go with getting the back barn door windows tinted and put dummy glass on back panels. They are going to supply me with a single seat and a new carpet floor mat for front which I don't mins as I was going to remove these anyway for sound proofing.
And the main reason I agreed to go ahead with the van is because they are going to deliver it to my house so I can work on it for the next six weeks until the 1st July when it will be registered as a 172 second part of the year. I was surprised but happy they agreed to give it to me unregistered which means I can work on it while waiting for new registration. Not for all the works to begin.

Back