Should There Be A Engine Tray Under My Van 18 Plate T6

t6 steve

T6 Pro
hi again if anyone can show any light I recently bought a t6 about 6/8 weeks now it came with only one key they said the other key ad been lost but the key I have only opens the drivers door it does not open side door or the door at the rear barn door I find that bit strange takeing it was 17 months old .and today im putting set of 20 inch alloys on it wen I got to change front wheels I noticed there was not a engine cover/tray not sure if its the right name for it my old t5 ad one and my t5.1 ad one ,id thought there should be one .its just adding something is not right can anyone throw any light please .thanks for looking, its a panel van if it maters

A lot of T6's appear to have come out of the factory without an engine under tray - seems to the norm now.
There is a thread on here about fitting an aftermarket one - worth doing and not difficult.

Pete

hi pete , thanks for your quick reply all things are running threw my head and today when I saw there was no tray just adds to it not really bothered about having one I tend to leave them off theres a t5.1 in my garden should anyone need one lol that's eased my brain for now any way thank you

The T6 comes stripped back in comparison to its predecessors. Mine even came with half an exhaust, which ends halfway along the van!

thank you funny enough I noticed same on mine today exhaust ends half way .but yea seems vw are cutting back were they can .I don't mind not having a tray just thought there would ad been one and why is it missing . but thanks for your reply

VW’s explanation WRT the exhaust was it was a weight saving so the van had an additional carrying capacity!

hi yea I ad not long a go replaced the one on my t5.1 and I must admit it was heavy but on a good note a new one might just be that bit cheaper .but don't suppose it works like that lol.thanks again steve

yea seems to be the case of cutting back were they think they can get away with .thanks again steve

Back