Should I buy a Kombi with 3 kids

We got a SWB kombi having our first baby, just open the tail gate and load all our crap in, none of this packing the car and shoving it in for trips away roof boxes etc. Also sliding doors are so much easier to load kids and babies in than traditional car doors.
Twin slider would be a bonus as if the isofix base is on the seat nearest the sliding door, required to keep an eye on the little one when on my own, its hard to get past the base.
Only thing better would be a caravelle rear seat for more luxury and space options, thats next on my list for my kombi!!

Yea fully agree, i got one for this exact reason. With twin captains chairs you can walk through to the rear,
Kombi as a commercial will be low tax
I have the aux heater in the rear which helps, but for sure first job, soundproofing, insulation extra door seals and dash strip

It's a bit far from you but Leighton vans in Rotherham aren't strangers to leather and body kits. They always have a massive stock too.

I had Land Rover discoveries for years. Discovery 3 then discovery 4 (about 12 years in all) then went to t6 when they were about 14 and 16. Wish I had done it when they were much younger. We do lots of trips to the alps and it is brilliant. The only thing I find in cold weather (or hot) is ventilation not the best in the back. In the cold we have a Vw fuel heater (option when new) which boosts heat in back. Benefits to buying a kombi but a caravelle or similar is better for ventilation in the back.

Oli at Bognor motors is excellent starting point. 100% recommend him / them for everything related to making the van what you want. Excellent honest advise as well. If I was buying new now then I would get a turnkey product direct from him.

Similar to above - T6 is amazing - 3 in the front and 3 seats in the rear - can get 3 bikes in the back, can let the kids change in the boot after a forest/puddle exploration

Kids love it and also better looking than anything similar

went to the alps this summer with 5 mountain bikes and a inflatable stand up paddle board all in the boot with 5 seats in the van. And luggage. Awesome.

If you do go for the van in your Leighton link, I'd try and negotiate a headlight upgrade. The standard H4's are shockingly bad. Loads of threads on here about it.

Salop Vans in Shrewsbury seem to have upped their game recently. They have some nice stock compared to the made over and slammed ex builders vans that they used to sell. products - SHREWSBURY STOCK

Quite how they get away with using the 'SV' logo without upsetting Lamborghini, I'm not sure.

I have three kids, 9 yrs, 20 mths and 10 mths and have a Kombi. I have had it fitted with Caravelle rails and seats but even as the standard kombi it was perfect. Bags of room in the bag for the dog and kit. I used to drive to and from Germany/Holland a fair bit and it was excellent.

I also have a double buggy which fits perfect in the boot without having to collapse it every time and with twin electric doors/boot so easy to throw the kids in (literally).

7E666783-EC8A-4928-B587-6A183F09C6E9.jpeg

14BD30B6-79DF-443A-8E5F-B1057E8C9DFD.jpeg

42FD9CD6-7746-4621-8239-A6DD102C09EA.jpeg

I have three kids, 9 yrs, 20 mths and 10 mths and have a Kombi. I have had it fitted with Caravelle rails and seats but even as the standard kombi it was perfect. Bags of room in the bag for the dog and kit. I used to drive to and from Germany/Holland a fair bit and it was excellent.

I also have a double buggy which fits perfect in the boot without having to collapse it every time and with twin electric doors/boot so easy to throw the kids in (literally).

View attachment 99665

View attachment 99666

View attachment 99667
Did you add the caravelle conversion yourself or who did it for you please? Looks awsome, im after the same for my kombi

Hi all, just in the process of changing from a t6 LWB panel van to a new t6.1 kombi twin slider when it turns up! we've just had a little one so will be brilliant for family stuff too, im a plumbing & heating engineer so need to be able to get my kit in and also carry 8x4 sheets as do a lot of bathrooms refurbs. I've gone for 2+1 seating in rear so anticipate to have this removed most of the time. Really interested to see what others have done in this situation @Minimucks looks like you've done a folding bulkhead which looks good. thanks In advance.

Back