Sheep’s Wool Insulation Sizes

Climberphil

So after much debate I’ve decided to use sheep’s wool for insulation, I’ve just ordered some sound deadening and looking at insulation.

which thickness would you recommend using on my t6 for the sides and roof, one size to do it all.

my options are 50mm, 75mm or 100mm

also would you go with the 380mm width or 570mm for ease of use

Thanks, phil

Hi Phil
I have just ordered my wool insulation , one roll of 50 for upper panels and 2 rolls of 75 for lower, in 370 width. Will see how that goes.
Steve

Hi Phil
I have just ordered my wool insulation , one roll of 50 for upper panels and 2 rolls of 75 for lower, in 370 width. Will see how that goes.
Steve

Hi Steve, how did it go with this amount and how many meters did you have in one roll? I'm just trying to figure out how much to order.

Hi
I found the thicknesses and quantities worked out pretty well. I had enough but not too much left over. They were purchased from Celtic Sustainables, so you can check the roll lengths on their website.

Hi
I found the thicknesses and quantities worked out pretty well. I had enough but not too much left over. They were purchased from Celtic Sustainables, so you can check the roll lengths on their website.
Hi did you find there was an odour? I recently went away for the first time since insulating with sheep’s wool and it smells strongly of a farmyard? I’m going to have to take it out if I can’t find a solution? Same supplier roll came 570x50 x 13 m there was no branding on the packaging but I ordered Thermafleece - Cosywool Sheeps Wool Insulation

Hi did you find there was an odour? I recently went away for the first time since insulating with sheep’s wool and it smells strongly of a farmyard? I’m going to have to take it out if I can’t find a solution? Same supplier roll came 570x50 x 13 m there was no branding on the packaging but I ordered Thermafleece - Cosywool Sheeps Wool Insulation
I'd complain, hopefully the supplier will be a bit sheepish.

On a serious note, research sheeps wool insulation carefully, there are risks and downsides. Try this for starters;

(Thermafleece get a mention, not in a good way.)
I'm not trying to warn people off sheeps wool, there are treatments to ensure that it does not become a haven for vermin:

Just make sure your supplier is using an appropriate treatment, don't go into this blind.

Hi,

Did the smell disappear in the end? I ordered from the same supplier and am currently experiencing the same issue. There's no ventilation in the van yet though so could be down to that as well.

We've not found a problem with any unpleasant odours. We don't have any ventilation other than opening windows.

I had some arrive yesterday from Celtic Sustainables

I had some arrive yesterday from Celtic Sustainables

Loz, are you planning to apply it to your Cali?

Hi,

Did the smell disappear in the end? I ordered from the same supplier and am currently experiencing the same issue. There's no ventilation in the van yet though so could be down to that as well.
Hi no it didn't certain envirnments and it comes back so damp, or heat, I havent taken it out yest but I will be doing, I have tried to be patient. The manufacturer said they would refund, I sent them a sample but they said they couldnt smell it (I am not sure how you can't as close up it is so strong). Not sure what the alternative is going to be, I chose these due to the thickness not being too think for the cavity

Having said that there's no odor in my van, my mother's herding-breed dog certainly smelled something. ;) It became obsessed with the van every time I visited her. It wouldn't stop barking at the van and kept smelling the rear door. That's when I realized it has to smell the sheep wool. I bought the Woolin brand from Austria.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Having said that there's no odor in my van, my mother's herding-breed dog certainly smelled something. ;) It became obsessed with the van every time I visited her. It wouldn't stop barking at the van and kept smelling the rear door. That's when I realized it has to smell the sheep wool. I bought the Woolin brand from Austria.
HA! where did you purchase it from?

Back