Sheared bolt on drivers seat.

Doucan

VIP Member
Can anyone help please, a bolt has sheared off on my drivers seat on my t6, I think it’s 8mm with a hexagon head and a shoulder that locates on a plastic ring on the scissor mechanism. I will try to upload a photo but I can’t see where to do that? Does anyone know where I might be able to get one from? Thanks

909991FA-CC09-4EEA-B1E3-273EB735D9BD.jpeg

That’s a stepped bolt so will need to come from VW as OEM

With a pair of pliers, the end of the thread was poking out through the inside of the frame.

Reactions: JOG
Late to the show. Can you say if it’s 8mm head I.e a small bolt or 8mm thread ie M8 with a 13mm head?

eBay has potential if you are stuck, but you need to know the M size to get close to the right thing.

Personally I’d go eBay first for research and then dealer. You really don’t want the seat flexing or shearing because it’s got too much play and a picture of what you want (from eBay) will clarify for the parts guy whether he can order that separately. VW use the same part number for the same bolt all over the place so it may be available (for example) as the bolt that holds a widget under the dash in an older/different model.

if the price isn’t eye watering you might want to get some spares in case it happens to the other seat or repeats on this one.

If you are really stuck someone might be able to weld it for you so it can be ground down and rethreaded as a stop gap.

Hey, thanks for your reply. It’s an m8 thread. I’ve found someone with a lathe that’s going to face the bolt and then drill and tap m8, then put a m8 bolt into it and cut to length if that makes sense… Hopefully will get it back next week. Thanks again

Back