Seat-base bolt part-number

Ivor

Hi all,

My first post, apologies it's a bit of boring one. I've got a horrible creaking sound coming from my T6 drivers seat base area so I had a go at checking as many fixings as I could access and in the process managed to shear one particular fixing. I'm looking to purchase a replacement part or maybe even just the bolt and nut. Can anyone help identify the part so I know what to look for? Or do I just need to take the seat off and buy a suitable replacement bolt?

I've attached a wider out photo and a close up with the fixing highlighted. IMG_0280.JPGIMG_0277.jpg

Thanks in a advance.

Hi all,

My first post, apologies it's a bit of boring one. I've got a horrible creaking sound coming from my T6 drivers seat base area so I had a go at checking as many fixings as I could access and in the process managed to shear one particular fixing. I'm looking to purchase a replacement part or maybe even just the bolt and nut. Can anyone help identify the part so I know what to look for? Or do I just need to take the seat off and buy a suitable replacement bolt?

I've attached a wider out photo and a close up with the fixing highlighted. View attachment 218961View attachment 218962

Thanks in a advance.

When I put the seat rail PN 7H7 881 202 C into Google I found this document and a few others.

I think the broken bolt that your enquiring about is item number 7 on the parts list - N10005207 M8 x 18 bolt.
The bad news is that this bolt and the others are critical to your safety as they secure the seat to the base, if they fail in an accident you and the seat will be detached.

I’m guessing that this bolt sheared when you tried to tighten it, if this is the case you have over torqued it and any others that have had a similar force applied.
I suggest that they are all replaced with new and tightened to the correct torque without delay. It’s very important not to over torque fasteners when they are safety critical.

When I put the seat rail PN 7H7 881 202 C into Google I found this document and a few others.

I think the broken bolt that your enquiring about is item number 7 on the parts list - N10005207 M8 x 18 bolt.
The bad news is that this bolt and the others are critical to your safety as they secure the seat to the base, if they fail in an accident you and the seat will be detached.

I’m guessing that this bolt sheared when you tried to tighten it, if this is the case you have over torqued it and any others that have had a similar force applied.
I suggest that they are all replaced with new and tightened to the correct torque without delay. It’s very important not to over torque fasteners when they are safety critical.
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, item 7 on that list is one of the main 4 fixings for the seat to the seat base, my broken bolt definitely isn’t that one as that one is in place and tightened correctly. I can’t seem to see the broken bolt on that parts diagram though, it’s part of the sliding rail system by the looks of it. I might pop into my local Vw dealer and see if they can identify it.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, item 7 on that list is one of the main 4 fixings for the seat to the seat base, my broken bolt definitely isn’t that one as that one is in place and tightened correctly. I can’t seem to see the broken bolt on that parts diagram though, it’s part of the sliding rail system by the looks of it. I might pop into my local Vw dealer and see if they can identify it.
I suspect if it’s not listed separately it’s going to be part of an assembly.
If you only want to replace the bolt you can use a grade 8 high tensile bolt with the correct thread and length.

E30364DC-40D9-443B-A7ED-0133AAE6620B.jpeg
I think it’s that one. As you suggested, hopefully I can just replace the bolt, I’m already looking forward to taking the seat off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back