Selling T6. Any pointers?

patbarn

Hello All.

Anyone got any opinions or advice about selling a 204ps TSi.
My T6 is up for sale starting with T6forum. I've put £31,000 on it which I think is a bit optimistic but it can always come down not up! It is going because I lost my license and money is better in the bank than on the drive.

Generally when I sell a car privately I look through classifieds & parkers etc etc and can get a pretty good idea of it's worth.
Unfortunately there are so few T32 204ps TSi DSG HL Kombis it is very hard to compare.
There is also a lot of chat about van prices being extremely high over the last year, with conversions at an all time high & new supply delays.

I have had it since new (2018), 82,000 miles but mostly long motorway journeys, full dealer service, mechanically great. New brakes & tyres. Comfort dash, twin doors, LEDs, media and lots of other desirable extras.

BUT front bumper, wing & mirror all damaged. Drivers seat worn & torn. Big scratch on passenger side and general minor paintwork blemishes.

My questions are:
Is it worth replacing the seat?
Do these sell for camper conversions, meaning someone will do bodywork and paint anyway; or should I do the bodywork?
If doing bumper & wing, what about making it a T6.1 front upgrade.

Any advice, opinion or speculation gratefully appreciated.

Definitely replace or repair the seat, that will put people right off.
As for the bodywork damage, l
would do that as well, because there are a lot of immaculate vans for sale and people are scared of bodywork "five grand mate...." can you get one of the mobile repairers to sort that?

Hello All.

Anyone got any opinions or advice about selling a 204ps TSi.
My T6 is up for sale starting with T6forum. I've put £31,000 on it which I think is a bit optimistic but it can always come down not up! It is going because I lost my license and money is better in the bank than on the drive.

Generally when I sell a car privately I look through classifieds & parkers etc etc and can get a pretty good idea of it's worth.
Unfortunately there are so few T32 204ps TSi DSG HL Kombis it is very hard to compare.
There is also a lot of chat about van prices being extremely high over the last year, with conversions at an all time high & new supply delays.

I have had it since new (2018), 82,000 miles but mostly long motorway journeys, full dealer service, mechanically great. New brakes & tyres. Comfort dash, twin doors, LEDs, media and lots of other desirable extras.

BUT front bumper, wing & mirror all damaged. Drivers seat worn & torn. Big scratch on passenger side and general minor paintwork blemishes.

My questions are:
Is it worth replacing the seat?
Do these sell for camper conversions, meaning someone will do bodywork and paint anyway; or should I do the bodywork?
If doing bumper & wing, what about making it a T6.1 front upgrade.

Any advice, opinion or speculation gratefully appreciated.
No offence intended but the damage you describe would probably frighten most people off, we all pick up the odd bit of non fault damage, stone chips etc, but your van sounds like it's had a very hard life. I'd get it fixed before trying to sell it.

A whole section of the bumper is missing !!
No one outside of trade or very keen DIYer is going to buy that, it doesnt have to be perfect but IMO needs to be better than that

Posted a wanted advert for a spare seat cover, plenty get leather retrims and there are loads of OE covers floating around
New bumper and painted is going to set you back a few hundred quid but cleaning it properly is only going to set you back a few hours on a weekend

Does anyone think it is with a T6.1 front end if I'm spending the money on a bumper etc.
unless you want to replace wings, bonnet and the lights then I wouldn't bother

Back