Seikel HD lift empty van possible issue

Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've got a Seikel Maxi HD lift kit on my way for my Midroof T6 LWB 3200GVM.

It recommends 500kg load, but as I'm still fitting it out I'm short 250-300kg until i put the RIB back and finish the cabinets.

As its a 2WD, i don't have to worry about rear CV joints, so that should be fine, am i right just thinking that the ride will be harsh until its fully fitted out.

I'm keen to get it fitted, as it could be a while until i finally finish this build.

Thats always an option if the ride is harsh, it works in utes.

I'm only thinking the 500kg load really only applies to the 4 motion, as with no load there would be too much height for the CVs, and as i don't have them in the rear i should be fine.

@Bryn23 this excites me as this is what I was thinking. I hope you include loads of photos for me to trawl over. I can't do mine until this time next year as I have a conversion to pay for first.
What are you planning on using your van go to require the lift?

Hey Ed,

Looking at travelling around Australia, Costal areas, the Mountains and the outback.

So i wanted a bit more clearance on the side loading wheelchair lift, as it hangs to low for my liking, i will weld up a aluminium skid to protect it.

I would love to increase my tire size as well up to a 225/65 R17 KO2 (Speed ratings don't matter here as the highest you can legally go is 130 kph), but you can only lift or have bigger tires here in Queensland, not both legally if you van has Electronic Stability Control.

So i went with the suspension lift option as i get a higher lift and the gearing doesn't change, the Cargo Vector 2's should do the job

Currently converting my van into a Camper, I'm a cabinetmaker by trade, hoping to get it done before Xmas.

I've lined it with Sound deadener and a 1o mm closed cell reflective foam in the walls and roof, sound deadener and a 4mm reflective closed cell insulation on the floor, i'm cutting out the new ply panels this week, ill use the VW panels as templates.

Will be using hidden clips with 4mm reflective foam and stretch carpet over that, for more plush finish than straight onto the ply.

Already have a RIB fitted, although that is now out of the van and up on the mezzanine floor while I'm mucking around with lining the van.

Ill have to do up a build thread at some stage.

Bryn,
Curious - did you order your Seikel lift kit here in Oz or did you get it shipped in from the manufacturer? Have a T6 4Motion here in NT and want to lift it and put on some off road wheels / tyres but am struggling to find anyone locally who understands VWs.

Hi Pete,

I ended up just getting it through Trakka, as they had a spare kit in stock.

I was going to order direct through Seikel and the quote was good for shipping, but it was just easier getting it through Trakka.

I had a 4x4 shop near me that fits Seikel to Amarok's, so i just got them to fit it, after i had it shipped to Brisbane

The instructions are quite easy to follow, any 4X4 suspension place should find it manageable.

Even the local VW dealer techs should be able to install it.

Back