Security code

Chickybumps

VCDS User
T6 Pro
Does anyone know the security code for the bcm? Want to see if I can adjust the brightness of the drl on led headlights.. every other vw forum I’ve looked at seem to suggest the option is hidden away in there?

I remember finding mine when doing my h4->H7 conversion but can't remember how well enough to tell you. I'm currently on call with work and so I've swapped my van for a work one. I will get more detail when I've got mine back and can get onto VCDS.
Basically I tried the obvious stuff like 1111. 1234. 6789.
Eventually VCDS added the code for me however I was in a random setting at the time not module 9. I think (vaguely (is that spelt right?)) when trying to change a byte with no code a box appeared telling me what to do.
Have you had that box? What does it say?
Sorry this is a useless post but wanted to let you know I'm trying :thumbsup:

Some of them are known and vcds offers the code if you hoverover the button.
When I enabled Video in motion on the touareg, I used a code generator I found on a web link.

Hi chaps..

Cheers, I’ll have a search for a code generator later.. still waiting for ross-tech to validate that I’m not a pirate..

Hi chaps..

Cheers, I’ll have a search for a code generator later.. still waiting for ross-tech to validate that I’m not a pirate..
Well standing on one leg and shouting ahoy me hearties whilst on the phone to them probably isn’t helping then:whistle:

Ref Loz, when the change I required needed a security code, I went back to the screen with all the functions for the module, selected 'Security Access' (I think it was option 16) and it then had a window open telling me which code to put in. Once entered, go back into 'Coding' and you can make the change. I'd check within 'Adaptations' for the change you are wanting to make though.

ps - If you are making your DRLs brighter or keeping them on when your headlights are on, please disregard this post and have a stern word with yourself.

Does anyone know the security code for the bcm? Want to see if I can adjust the brightness of the drl on led headlights.. every other vw forum I’ve looked at seem to suggest the option is hidden away in there?

did you figure out how to do this ??

Not yet.. still poking around trying different bit values whilst awaiting a Ross-tech solution.. I’ll get there.............. soon

Back