Seatbelt buckle extender?

Smelf36

I’ve just fitted some after market seat covers from Uk custom covers (faux leather Bentley stitch) to the front seats, they look good and are a reasonable fit but the extra material has made the buckle of the centre bench seatbelt almost impossible to access. Has anyone else had this and found a solution? Can’t see a way to move the mounting, so assume some sort of extension is required, but have concerns about the safety of this option. Are there approved ‘extenders’ out there? TIA

I’ve just fitted some after market seat covers from Uk custom covers (faux leather Bentley stitch) to the front seats, they look good and are a reasonable fit but the extra material has made the buckle of the centre bench seatbelt almost impossible to access. Has anyone else had this and found a solution? Can’t see a way to move the mounting, so assume some sort of extension is required, but have concerns about the safety of this option. Are there approved ‘extenders’ out there? TIA
If they have been correctly fitted it sounds like they are not fit for purpose. Have you contacted the manufacturer / supplier about it?

I think it’s the nature of the beast, your adding a fairly thick layer of vinyl to the seat and back and so naturally the seatbelt catch appears further recessed. Not a fault as such, just is what it is. I may find with time it will improve as the covers ‘give’ a bit, and the belts not unsusable, just a faff

Back