Seat swivels and factory leisure battery

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
Is it possible to fit a seat swivel with the factory leisure battery under the passenger captain seat? It looks like it’s just slight higher than the base

It should be possible with the Sportscraft seat that is designed for fitment over a leisure battery...

Do you have any experience with these? Does the seat wobble as it’s only mounted in the centre?

No they don't wobble, I've used them on two T5s and a T6 (one T5 I had was fitted with factory swivels). They run on nylon rollers and when in the forward facing position have safety fitments to secure them in position in the event of collision.

I currently have one over a leisure battery under a driver's seat.

The only downside is the poor handbrake lowering kit supplied for the driver's seat box. The best solution for this is to move (or have moved) the existing hand brake bracket down and slightly forward. Like all T5/T6 driver's seat swivels the hand brake has to be off to rotate the seat, this even applies factory fitted swivels.

No they don't wobble, I've used them on two T5s and a T6 (one T5 I had was fitted with factory swivels). They run on nylon rollers and when in the forward facing position have safety fitments to secure them in position in the event of collision.

I currently have one over a leisure battery under a driver's seat.

The only downside is the poor handbrake lowering kit supplied for the driver's seat box. The best solution for this is to move (or have moved) the existing hand brake bracket down and slightly forward. Like all T5/T6 driver's seat swivels the hand brake has to be off to rotate the seat, this even applies factory fitted swivels.
Thanks for the info, Im only fitting one on the passenger side so I should be ok

Hi Gimmi and Rod_vw,

What battery did you end up going with?

I've been looking at 110ah AGM options. However, teh XxYxZ dimensions look like these would come close to the swivel base.

Back