Sd Card - Composition Media

ryananja

I bought a 128GB SD card in order to load music on it.
The issue I have, no matter how I format it on my Mac, it always says Error: SD Card. I’ve tried every format. From Fat to exFat and some Apple ones too.
Once I’ve formatted it I put only one mp3 song on and then check if it works..... which nothing does.
Do you have any advice for me please. I’d appreciate your help once more.

Could be a faulty SD card. Do you have another SD card you can format to prove wether it is the card or the Mac?

Hello

I’ve tried 5 different SD cards. Even an old fat16 one.

Is there a preferred format or specific SD card that works?

Hi, just looked in my manual, albeit for another VW vehicle and it says - It is imperative that the card is formatted as a FAT32 partition.

Have you formatted it as a FAT32?

The only other thing I can think of is storage size, I have only used either 32gb or 64gb SD cards that have worked

This might help it is from the Nav update manual and mentions issues with Apple

Preparing the SD-CDA card • Push the switch on the SD-CDA card to “Unlock”. Now insert the SD-CDA card into your computer should it not yet be in your computer due to file backup. • Delete all files on the SD-CDA card or reformat your SD-CDA card. It is imperative that the card is formatted as a FAT32 partition. The formatting process depends on your operating system. With a Windows operating system, you need to access the SD card drive and right-click on “Format”. The manufacturer will provide information for other operating systems. We recommend that you have a cluster of 4,096 bytes for formatting. Unzipping map material

ATTENTION If the map update is performed using the Apple® OS X operating system you may find that Discover Media does not recognise the map material or displays it incorrectly. This is due to a lack of compatibility between the “7 zip” program and the OS-X operating system. In addition, the OS-X operating system has a tendency to create hidden additional files on external data media. We therefore recommend that OS X users use the “Keka” unzipping program. We also recommend using the “CleanMyDrive” program to remove any hidden files.

I bought a 128GB SD card in order to load music on it.
The issue I have, no matter how I format it on my Mac, it always says Error: SD Card. I’ve tried every format. From Fat to exFat and some Apple ones too.
Once I’ve formatted it I put only one mp3 song on and then check if it works..... which nothing does.
Do you have any advice for me please. I’d appreciate your help once more.
I think the biggest card it can manage is 32gig

The only other thing I can think of is storage size, I have only used either 32gb or 64gb SD cards that have worked

This might help it is from the Nav update manual and mentions issues with Apple

Preparing the SD-CDA card • Push the switch on the SD-CDA card to “Unlock”. Now insert the SD-CDA card into your computer should it not yet be in your computer due to file backup. • Delete all files on the SD-CDA card or reformat your SD-CDA card. It is imperative that the card is formatted as a FAT32 partition. The formatting process depends on your operating system. With a Windows operating system, you need to access the SD card drive and right-click on “Format”. The manufacturer will provide information for other operating systems. We recommend that you have a cluster of 4,096 bytes for formatting. Unzipping map material

ATTENTION If the map update is performed using the Apple® OS X operating system you may find that Discover Media does not recognise the map material or displays it incorrectly. This is due to a lack of compatibility between the “7 zip” program and the OS-X operating system. In addition, the OS-X operating system has a tendency to create hidden additional files on external data media. We therefore recommend that OS X users use the “Keka” unzipping program. We also recommend using the “CleanMyDrive” program to remove any hidden files.
Thank you for this I’ve tried this and this didn’t work either.

I’m now going to try format it on a windows computer.

I have had no issues using 32, 64, 128 and 256gb cards, formatting on a PC though...

I've been trying to get an SD card working, and having tried several cards, none were recognised - it was as if there was no card plugged in.
Today, I happened across a couple of old cards, so tried one of these, and it worked fine. This is a 2GB SD (not SDHC or SDXC)

Back