Screws Into Tailgate Frame

Gavandi

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi folks - any advice.
Have searched on forum but some conflicting advice.
If I want to attach stuff onto the tailgate metal door - is there a special type of screw?
Do I need to drill a pilot hole first?
Sorry if a bit basic question but me + drill + van = possible damage!!
TIA

very vague... how are you attaching said things? are the screws to fix a bracket or? what is it? heavy? can you drill a hole and use a std threaded screw with nuts? will you have access behind is what i mean..

more info required.

1" diameter neodymium disc magnets are a good option for curtains, screens, even door cards.
No drilling, no damage. Depending on weight, maybe a thin smear of POR to make it non-slip.

Hi from cloudy France.
Was looking to attach some "c" awning rail onto the tailgate door, near the bottom.
Looking to use a lightweight fabric as an extension shade.

Didn't know how to attach firmly or whether to pre drill or self tap and/some adhesive.

Thanks so far.

Attaching a lightweight fabric screen sounds an ideal job for neodymium disk magnets :)
You could even sew them into the hem, one every few inches. You'd be surprised
how hard they are to detach, we use a lot of the 10p coin sized ones.
20pcs Strong Round Neodymium Magnets 20 mm x 4 mm Disc Rare Earth Neo N50 Grade | eBay
5pcs 20mm x 5mm Small Disc Round Cylinder Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets N50 | eBay
10 x Super Strong Disc Round Magnets 20 mm x 2 mm Rare Earth Neodymium N50 Grade | eBay
We use magnets for our curtains. STMBO sewed them into the hems and it works perfectly.

Back