Says 6 seats in log book ? For a kombi

lenlec

T6 Pro
Hi all hopefully collecting a kombi next week just noticed in the log book it says 6 seats
But it has 5. 2 front 3 rear is this ok and normal ?

IMG_8408.jpeg

Presumably used to have double front seat?

Just send it off after you've got the new V5 and correct it (or can you do it online?)

My logbook also said 6 seats, but only had 5 (single passenger from the factory).

Happy days in my case, as I fitted a single with integrated seat belt in the 3rd row position

Far better than being the other way round. :thumbsup:

Reactions: CAB
Very easily changed with DVLA. Just send proof of seats fitted and a covering letter. Fill in the changes on V5 and send off. No charge to do it. We have never had one not changed on seating numbers.

I have factory Kombi in the same situation, 1 +1 upfront and 3 in the back. It has never had a front bench swap so much just be an error as @CJW said much better that way around.

I purchased my van from Snug Campers and he took it from a 3 seater panel to a 5 seater Kombi, he sent a letter to the DVLA along with the V5 declaring the changes he made and when the new log book arrived to me it stated 5 seats.

I'm in the other boat...my DVLA registered 'motorcaravan' still shows 3 seats on the logbook as opposed to the 6 it has. I've never bothered pursuing it as i didn't want to risk the DVLA sending the book back as a 'van with windows'!

I'm in the other boat...my DVLA registered 'motorcaravan' still shows 3 seats on the logbook as opposed to the 6 it has. I've never bothered pursuing it as i didn't want to risk the DVLA sending the book back as a 'van with windows'!
In order to be insured to carry 5, my insurer insisted on the log book being changed from 3 to 5 after I had two rear seats installed.

You are, though, risking your insurer refusing to pay-out.

Back