Saw this and thought it was amusing

this is me!! i chuffing hate all these super bright headlights!!*

*fully aware that's cos i'm a moany old git.
**it was much better in the old days.

:)I do not object to bright headlamps, if they are properly adjusted, have the correct bulb type and have the appropriate associated equipment. If they help someone safely see where they are going, as long as it is not at the expense of others. They should not be seen as a fashion product. If people have poor lights then just then slow down or buy a vehicle with them already fitted or fit them as an update but with the correct associated equipment installed at the same time.:devil:

Perfect for lamping for rabbits but who needs to see 400m down the road?

What about fog lights when there's no fog.. (should not be used unless visibility is under 100m)* Was advised on an advanced course by Traffic Police Officerman that it was driving without due care and attention.

*crawls back into bunker, opens popcorn and loads auto feed onto phone to watch the chaos

What about fog lights when there's no fog.. (should not be used unless visibility is under 100m)* Was advised on an advanced course by Traffic Police Officerman that it was driving without due care and attention.

*crawls back into bunker, opens popcorn and loads auto feed onto phone to watch the chaos

YES!!!

Rear fog lights on, on the motorway, in the rain! :speechless:

The big If’s....

if road markings ( white lines ) where kept in good order ...so at night it would help ..
if aftermarket light/ bulbs where not sold by Halfords ..Marked as not for road use...why sell them
if it was legal to have good eye sight to drive....get your eyes tested and wear your glasses
if indicators are legal....why are they not used as intended
if....

edit ...Just seen the news sales of E scooters have help Halfords to beat poor sales ...but they are largely illegal ...my question is how on earth do Uk shops get away with selling such items ...this just encourages behaviour‘s like blinding people with not road legal lights then try to run you over with E scooters that are not supposed to be on Uk pavements :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
4x4s infected with a rash of roof mounted spot-lamps all blazing away on the way back from the pub. They could be used to down enemy aircraft or illuminate the moon.:laugh: I have no idea why they need them. Its the Rambo in their blood I guess :rofl: Most of the green lanes/BOATs in the UK could be driven in the dark on side lights. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
The big If’s....

if road markings ( white lines ) where kept in good order ...so at night it would help ..
if aftermarket light/ bulbs where not sold by Halfords ..Marked as not for road use...why sell them
if it was legal to have good eye sight to drive....get your eyes tested and wear your glasses
if....
you're not having a little rant there are you Andre ;)

The big If’s....

if....

edit ...Just seen the news sales of E scooters have help Halfords to beat poor sales ...but they are largely illegal ...my question is how on earth do Uk shops get away with selling such items ...this just encourages behaviour‘s like blinding people with not road legal lights then try to run you over with E scooters that are not supposed to be on Uk pavements :rolleyes::rolleyes:

With you on road markings, they are using some sort of non reflective tape marking now that as soon as it rains is invisible. Cheaper but utterly useless.

The big If’s....

if....

I was in Halfords yesterday collecting young lad’s Xmas bike and saw the e-scooters. Then I saw the sign explaining how they could only be used on private property......and they still sell????!!!!

I was in Halfords yesterday collecting young lad’s Xmas bike and saw the e-scooters. Then I saw the sign explaining how they could only be used on private property......and they still sell????!!!!
No doubt they will be seen charging around shopping centres and back streets of housing estates.

The big If’s....

if....

Cats eyes were a great invention, it prevents them running into walls! Seriously though they must have save many lives and prevented even more injuries. A pain in the wet on a motorcycle one had to learn to go through the gaps. I think that reflective white line are an improvement on that. Having clear lines on the edge of the road and down the centre makes driving so much more comfortable in poor weather and visibility. Sadly it is not been extended. to nearly all roads.

I agree absolutely with your thoughts on illegal bulbs being sold from the likes of Halfords. It should be a prosecutable offence with huge crippling fines doled out to offending outlets. The way it is, it is inevitable that they will end up on the highway. Frankly I do not understand why forums support and are culpable the growth of the illegal bulb industry. At the very least forum should be obliged to spell out the legal aspects and state it does not support the use even just as a legal disclaimer.

A sizeable percentage of the driving population have no clue regarding the use of indicators. This is highlighted on roundabouts. It would be a safer and a more accurate demonstration of intention, if they were completely removed. It is easier to work out a vehicles intentions by behaviour instead of relying on the lottery of indication. In fact I am sure most drivers must be avid participants of poker. They indicate to turn and carry on past, they indicate intention to continue with rotation and turn off opposite to the direction of indication.

Continuing with my little hissey on roundabouts do drivers of today even read the highway code, concerning right of way and giving way on roundabouts?

We need a larger selection of smilies!:grin bounce:

Last edited:
Since we are throwing driving standards out there. As a well travelled chap, I love the way in Europe cars give way to people crossing the road when they are turning into that road.

Why do drivers not remeber that this is also the case in the UK as well.

Highway code says something like 'vehicle must give way to vehicles and pedestrians already in the road they are turning into'. If you turn into a road you ahve to give way to people crossing.

It also says this for roundabouts, so when you are approcahing a roundabout, if you are not on it and the vehicle approaching your left is it will have right of way unless you get to the roundabout first. It's irrelevent that you approach the round about without the ability to stop, if they are on it first they have right of way.

We are just far to impatient in the UK with little care for anyone but ourselves.

Since we are throwing driving standards out there. As a well travelled chap, I love the way in Europe cars give way to people crossing the road when they are turning into that road.

Why do drivers not remeber that this is also the case in the UK as well.

Highway code says something like 'vehicle must give way to vehicles and pedestrians already in the road they are turning into'. If you turn into a road you ahve to give way to people crossing.

It also says this for roundabouts, so when you are approcahing a roundabout, if you are not on it and the vehicle approaching your left is it will have right of way unless you get to the roundabout first. It's irrelevent that you approach the round about without the ability to stop, if they are on it first they have right of way.

We are just far to impatient in the UK with little care for anyone but ourselves.
A Bridge Too Far

Those are exactly the things I was hinting at and I am very glad to see you highlighting them so aptly. The roundabout is dead. Most of them need traffic lights now because a majority either do not know how to behave in them or ignore what is correct. It is my view it is ignorance pure and simple and reinforced and amplified by the me, me, selfish society that we live in today! I believe that the mini roundabout is the invention of a psychopath!

If everyone even only on this forum, exhibited thoughtfulness and consideration to all other road users, it would be a massive start and would spread I would hope.

Back