Rough guide price for electrics for our camper

Green Giant

T6 Guru
And another question..
Need a rough guide price for a suitable leisure battery set up, just the parts for now.
Will need a 240 EHU socket from engine Bay Area.
A leisure battery, charger etc fitted under passenger swivel seat.
Need leisure battery power for>
a standard compressor fridge.
Van interior Lighting
Diesel heater
USB sockets and a 3 pin 240 v socket.
We would only be off grid for 1 or two nights with driving in between.
All other times, we like to use campsites and will be plugged into the EHU.
I also have a ecoflow river pro as back up, and will also be buying a ecoflow portable solar panels, we normally have a roof box or equipment on roof on long trips away, so not having a fixed solar panel fitted.
van is a 6.1 so has stop/start system.
Would 1k cover all this equipment( excluding solar panel)
Cheers

Put into Google and filter on Shopping, no 1K won’t be enough
I’m just trying to price for a leisure battery, split charger, EHU socket, and usb/ sockets, cables and ceiling lighting, not the fridge, heater, solar panel, or labour fitting charges.

I've been looking at the same thing.
Look at £80++ for EHU and board.
Anywhere from £250-600 on lesuire elec depends on dc-dc charger, AC charger, monitor etc. Then £150 for lesuire battery upto £400++ for lithium. Usb's etc not big money, depends on what spec and how many. Also don't forget the cable to supply said usb and for the lights. Then the labour, which will cost ££.

I've been looking at the same thing.
Look at £80++ for EHU and board.
Anywhere from £250-600 on lesuire elec depends on dc-dc charger, AC charger, monitor etc. Then £150 for lesuire battery upto £400++ for lithium. Usb's etc not big money, depends on what spec and how many. Also don't forget the cable to supply said usb and for the lights. Then the labour, which will cost ££.
Cheers,
I’ve got a meeting tomorrow with our converter so just working out our budget for all the different aspects
of conversation, I don’t want to over spec the electrics as we really aren’t off grid for more than a day or two, and we are happy to pay for camp sites where possible

I was thinking the same untill I asked the same question and had replies saying to go lesuire route as when your doors are open your interior lights etc would destroy your starter battery so it would be better to go lesuire and chargers. The ecoflow may get you through a couple of days but get a battery booster like a Nocco to avoid breakdowns. Thats my understanding anyways. This forum is brilliant for this stuff like this and if I'm wrong then some helpful soul will correct me.:)

I was thinking the same untill I asked the same question and had replies saying to go lesuire route as when your doors are open your interior lights etc would destroy your starter battery so it would be better to go lesuire and chargers. The ecoflow may get you through a couple of days but get a battery booster like a Nocco to avoid breakdowns. Thats my understanding anyways. This forum is brilliant for this stuff like this and if I'm wrong then some helpful soul will correct me.:)

Yes I’m definitely getting a separate leisure battery setup fitted.
I brought the ecoflow last year, as we had nothing in the van except a poptop to sleep in, van will be getting fully converted in next few months, just finalising what we need.

Reactions: JDC
Probably find labour the most expensive part in it as you would in any trade. Get some pics up when it's done.

Yes I’m definitely getting a separate leisure battery setup fitted.
I brought the ecoflow last year, as we had nothing in the van except a poptop to sleep in, van will be getting fully converted in next few months, just finalising what we need.
How did you find the ecoflow? Are they worth it? Is it a good back up if your away from EHU?

Being a T6 rather than T5 it’s always going to be £250 more expensive on parts (due to B2B) before you even start, you can do it like this:

£350 B2B charging system (solar input ready)
£200 Decent leisure battery (I use Yuasa’s)
£200 Power Mgt system (I use Sargents)

The wiring is always my favourite bit!

Is the Sargent unit a combined unit, similar to touring caravans?

Allow a decent percentage extra over the main kit items for cabling, switches, crimps etc etc etc. Think mine was about 25% from memory. It quickly adds up.

All in one unit… separate switches/fuses - hook up wire connects to orange at the back to field out to separate RCD’s and charges batteries. Other options/makes out there I guess, but this is my favourite.

DE8C00D3-9A20-4AB5-BACD-948818B4380A.jpeg

So it has a charger built in and can be switched to 230 or 12v. Looks easy to connect up. I assume it's too big to go under a single seat?

The mains power area is on the left… so will feed out to 3 protected feeds, eg plug sockets. There is a direct feed from the leisure for all the 12v goodies on the right. Normal siting place would be in the kitchen. I tend to make a little housing box and hide it inside a kitchen unit. Others have it full out on display.

Have a look over here you might find some of this information useful.

The sergeant units arnt battery chargers and such.

They are just 12-volt power supplies which is different and could potentially boil your battery dry.

It's usually recommended to fit a stand-alone smart battery charger.

This is essential if you go down the lithium route.

Have a look over here you might find some of this information useful.

Ah yes I’ve been reading lots of info from this thread, it’s very helpful

Back