Roof rails and bars

surf-report

Gas Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
If anyone is on the lookout for a set of roof rails and cross bars, then I can highly recommend these

VW TRANSPORTER T5 T6 ROOF RAIL RACKS + LOCKABLE CROSS BAR SET SWB LOADING 75KG

I ordered them on Friday 23rd and they arrived today (not bad considering Christmas got in the way of delivery). They are currently reduced to £107.99 until 2nd of Jan. They are well made, look good, sturdy, easy to fit and suitable up to 75kg, which is way more than your average surfboard or paddleboard!

Not the best of light out there this morning, but hope these help. Let me know if you want any taken later onIMG_5053.JPG IMG_5057.JPG IMG_5060.JPG IMG_5054.JPGIMG_5055.JPG

Hi @Mojo - I fitted them myself in about 75 minutes, but it would be a lot easier with a second pair of hands. The rails are already assembled and you just bolt them straight to the roof. The cross bars are in bits and have to be assembled, but it is straightforward enough. There is no cutting involved. The instructions are just in picture form, but are pretty self explanatory.

No and I've been wondering if I should have. The previous bars I had sat on rubber and that always kept the water out, but these just fix down on a plastic foot. I think I may take them back off and seal just to be on the safe side.

Ordered a set LWB they arrived next day. Now waiting a couple more months and I have me new T6 204 DSG Kombi!

Hi @Mojo - I fitted them myself in about 75 minutes, but it would be a lot easier with a second pair of hands. The rails are already assembled and you just bolt them straight to the roof. The cross bars are in bits and have to be assembled, but it is straightforward enough. There is no cutting involved. The instructions are just in picture form, but are pretty self explanatory.
Hi. Hope you could help me. I purchased the Omtec LWB T6 front to back roofbars. No instructions and I’ve tried to find them online - even if just pictures. Do you know where I could get hold of such pictures. Thanks. Matthew.

Back