Roof Bars

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
O.K. boys and girls....fitted my vanstyle roof rails today. The instructions are useless but it's pretty easy to figure out what goes where. Word of advice......get some sealant. Not the household stuff......I think it can be acidic? I got some sikaflex 221. The "impervious" foam seals that go against the body work look like they need some additional sealing. I pumped some sikaflex into the holes in the roof after I fitted the seals. I then put some on the bolts themselves before I screwed them in. Be careful though......it does stain the brushed aluminium finish slightly. I don't think I'd have trusted the seals alone. It was a faffy job on my own.......not difficult, just faffy! Probably took 45minutes per side to do the job justice.
Just my thoughts for what they're worth......hope it helps.

Just recycled the official VW ones I had for the previous T5.1 that are an exact fit for the T6 :thumbsup:

Just recycled the official VW ones I had for the previous T5.1 that are an exact fit for the T6 :thumbsup:
Guess who sold his T5.1 roof bars very cheaply? And Zonesleep mattress topper (about £300) and roof cover (actually not needed on a T6 but still useful in the cold)?! Had to buy the first two items again - DOH!!!

Back