Roof Bar orientation

Guys guys guys........at the end of the day it doesn't make a whole lot of difference - thin edge, fat edge....all that matters is Jimmi is happy with the look/outcome.

You get more effect from the lower pressure sucking the wing upwards than the high pressure pushing it upwards.
Nature abhors a vacuum, it is easier to suck a bowling ball into the end of a vacuum cleaner hose end than it is to blow air under it to lift it up.
Sorry, that is incorrect. If you imagine sucking a drink through a straw, then the physics of what happens is you reduce the pressure on the surface of the liquid inside the straw, this reduces the downwards force on that part of the liquid. Now the air pressure on the surface outside the straw is much higher producing a larger force so pushing the liquid up the straw. It is not the reduced air pressure that pulls.

Sorry, that is incorrect. If you imagine sucking a drink through a straw, then the physics of what happens is you reduce the pressure on the surface of the liquid inside the straw, this reduces the downwards force on that part of the liquid. Now the air pressure on the surface outside the straw is much higher producing a larger force so pushing the liquid up the straw. It is not the reduced air pressure that pulls.
James Dyson and a few ladies I have known will tell you that you can suck things up. ;)

As an aside, did the oem bars come with plugs for the allen bolts? Not sure if mine did and I lost them in the packaging or there weren't any to begin with. Just look unfinished with the allen bolt heads still showing

As an aside, did the oem bars come with plugs for the allen bolts? Not sure if mine did and I lost them in the packaging or there weren't any to begin with. Just look unfinished with the allen bolt heads still showing
They came with plugs for the holes, but I have to say the whole set up looks pretty cheaply made for OEM parts. The instructions were absolutely useless and badly printed on a bit of folded A5 paper

Just keep your eyes peeled for them leaking fella roof bars wrecked me last van :( leaked all down the A pillars and into the dash and footwells.

Cheers for the heads up. I’ve read some horror stories on here as well, they came with a little foam washer that’s supposed to stop them leaking, but I put a blob of high temperature mastic in every hole on the roof. It has p!ssed down all day today and the headlining is bone dry so it looks like it worked

I've just been out to the garage to look a mine (for a different reason and noticed my OEM bars are elliptical in shape so can go either way round and have a distinct arch looking from the front. Wonder if the design has changed?

Back