Rodent chewed through a wire, help identify what!

thanks both, appreciate the suggestions. Have managed to find someone to have a look at it tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to help on the day.

Think it is foxes. I have bought a couple of ultra sonic things they are meant to hate and some spray. Bloody pain! the repair to my mini was £300 already this week (not to mention 2 new tyres and brake service on top)!
Did you manage to solve this at all?

I've been done by foxes today - chewed through a NOX sensor and some other bits. VW Assist bloke is repairing at side of road and smearing with grease / chilli powder - but wondering if anyone has any other success stories to stop it happening again.

Did you manage to solve this at all?

I've been done by foxes today - chewed through a NOX sensor and some other bits. VW Assist bloke is repairing at side of road and smearing with grease / chilli powder - but wondering if anyone has any other success stories to stop it happening again.
After repairing mine I just taped it up out of the way, not had a problem since

Are you able to show a pic at all? Whereabouts did you tape the wiring to?

Thanks in advance
I don’t have any pictures; from memory I just taped it to the nearest bit of bodywork or heat shielding so it wasn’t dangling down at chewable hight

I don’t have any pictures; from memory I just taped it to the nearest bit of bodywork or heat shielding so it wasn’t dangling down at chewable hight
Fair

Just had a look under the van and nothing’s really dangling but will grab some aluminium tape sometime soon and just get all the wiring up flush to heat shields.

Ta

Back