Road Tax - What are you paying?

ROAD TAX - What are you paying? -

following on from the recent MOT and its price increase for 2022.

it was TAX RFL time too . .

which bought us to this . . .

View attachment 152775

View attachment 152776

£290 !!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++

ROAD TAX :

changes from 1 april 2022.

im wondering why Eu5 and Eu4 is listed / . . . . . but not Eu6?

View attachment 152777

https://assets.publishing.service.g...vehicles-and-private-light-goods-vehicles.pdf

+++

https://assets.publishing.service.g...a/file/907390/v149x1-rates-of-vehicle-tax.pdf

+++

V149

View attachment 152779

+++

v149/1

View attachment 152780

+

+++++++++++++

you can use this site to check your van:

View attachment 152781

this is what comes back for mine . .

View attachment 152782

and they charging us £290?

i remember my previous T5.1 Eu5 was £180.

++++++++++++++++

so, what are you all paying?

have they got my van listed wrong?

++++++++++

make a post below and a screen shot if you can for comparison.

Paid £290 myself the other day. :unsure:

EU6.

Just for interest here in Victoria, Australia, registration for my T6 caravan is $716 pa which currently converts to 406 pounds! My fully comp insurance, with full no claims bonus, is $692 pa or 393 pounds. Swings and roundabouts I guess; today I paid $1.96 a litre for diesel (1.10 pounds per litre).

£290, 304 by monthly DD. You'd have thought a Euro 6 vehicle would be cheaper than a Euro 5, however it's not to bad, as in the UK we don't pay tolls on the motorway etc. The overall cost of motoring in the UK is one of the cheapest in Europe, so can't moan really.
1649927414624.png

That's my point.......... so many Bloody potholes, why so much? When nothing gets done for years......... Here is Spain, even the "B" roads are in great condition. :cool:
That’s because we paid for those too via the EU!

I better stop, I got told off before for making anti brexit comments, I definitely don’t want to be kicked out for being pro brexit! :rolleyes:

That's my point.......... so many Bloody potholes, why so much? When nothing gets done for years......... Here is Spain, even the "B" roads are in great condition. :cool:
When Spain is sniggering at the state of our roads…..you know you have issues!!!

That’s because we paid for those too via the EU!

I better stop, I got told off before for making anti brexit comments, I definitely don’t want to be kicked out for being pro brexit! :rolleyes:
If the vehicle tax and fuel tax were spent on the roads, we’d have fantastic roads, however it’s not ring fenced and just goes into the government’s general spending pot, and doesn’t get spent on roads. Don’t get me started on this!

I reckon it’ll get a lot worse too, they’ll try to fax us out of combustion engines cars

My other car just got increased to £630, when I bought it 8yrs ago it was £400 iirc

They can tax me all they like, but I'll still find a way for as long as I can. Starbucks will probably take a hit.

Back