RNS510 in t5.1

t5.1irl

Hi guys, new member here, iv just bought myself a 15 t5.1 trendline lwb and am delighted, this is my second , i had a 2008 t5 for years, anyway. im looking to uprgade the radio with oem parts and want to know if anybody has any experiance with putting in an rns510? id also at some stage like to have reverse camera capability, many thanks ,David

I've got an RNS 510 in the Scirocco. It's a really old unit dating back to around 2005, so is really old and clunky compared to newer stuff. There is a wide choice of much better aftermarket radios available, so I'd be looking at those.

If you really want an RNS 510, it will plug and play with a little bit of coding to get it to talk to the dash and steering wheel, however you'll need a separate Bluetooth module to connect your phone, and the MDI module for USB and iPhone connections. Oh, and make sure you get one with DAB, then you'll need to get the maps updated to (if it's still supported that is)

Thanks for that, much appreciated, would i still need a bluetooth module even if the van has bluetooth already? have you any advise for alternatives? im also going to fit a multifunction steering wheel.. thanks again

If the van already has Bluetooth, that will still work the same.

Thanks for that, much appreciated, would i still need a bluetooth module even if the van has bluetooth already? have you any advise for alternatives? im also going to fit a multifunction steering wheel.. thanks again
Go for Discover Media it has built in Bluetooth, Sat Nav and much more extra functionality.

Reactions: mmi
Back