DAB ???

rhidmog

hi all
so im taking delivery of a 67 plate 150 t32 startline next week and was wondering a couple of things?

1. the radio isnt dab but is it the same head unit as in the trenline/highline? if so am i right in thinking that all i would need then is a dab antenna to make it work?
if its a different head unit then obviously id need either an oem from one of these or an aftermarket

2. if i got a reversing camera will the head unit have the capability to display the picutre or again would i need said oem head unit after market?

thanks
rhid

Factory headunits have component protection, probably best to go for aftermarket stereo/ reversing camera combo. @Absolut5 can supply all bits for Transporter related stereos.

Are you sure it isn't DAB ?
Can you post a picture of it ?
Our 66 reg van has the base radio and it has DAB.

Pete

I’m not sure tbh I haven’t picked it up yet I’m just going by the specs on line

The websites state that trendline and higher has dab

The start line doesn’t but it has phone concectivity so can use the dab through that

But it’s hassle tbh

I’m going to install a rear view so it’s no real hassle if I don’t have to change the head unit

But was hoping that the standard head unit would have the capability for the both for ease

Standard DAB is rubbish. Never get’s reception whether that’s because of the head unit or just the aerial I don’t know but if your doesn’t come with a standard aerial don’t bother going to the effort of fitting one

Reactions: JOG
so I’m better off swapping the head unit first as last then adding a better Ariel and I’ll know the receding camera will work too thabks

so I’m better off swapping the head unit first as last then adding a better Ariel and I’ll know the receding camera will work too thabks
I upgraded to the kenwood and didn’t even bother connecting the antenna, I just use my mobile for reception

Just to go against the opinions above, since I first sorted my DAB reception (on the crappy OEM Colour Composition 'base' stereo) by changing my 12V USB chargers, it's been generally excellent. I've since gone the Kenwood 8020 route and it's now even better, even with the original mirror antennae being plugged in.

Standard DAB is rubbish. Never get’s reception whether that’s because of the head unit or just the aerial I don’t know but if your doesn’t come with a standard aerial don’t bother going to the effort of fitting one
I think that's because the aerial is in the driver's door mirror (it is in mine).
For the best, it needs to be in the clear

DAB is great on our new Highline. We even get reception going up the M6 past Lancaster Uni where everything else drops out. In the old car, I Bluetooth to the head unit and use BBC Sounds on the phone.

Back