RNS 510 minimum version for camera

ekynoxe

Hello!

I've got a rather old RNS 510, and foolishly didn't check all software versions before I purchased an OEM low-line reversing camera.
I've plugged it in, coded my head unit with VCDS (including OPS, so coding os done ok), the camera screen comes on when I switch into reverse, but I get a black image.

I've been told that the software on my 510 is way too old (it's currently 2660), and attempting to upgrade it could brick the unit, which would mean sourcing another second-hand head unit, or having this one sent for "repairs" at £££.

Also, the place I bought the camera kit from (Cars Equipment s.r.o.), simply doesn't answer any emails, messages or calls. The cable delivered is not the 7.5m advertised, which means I can't route it all the way to the bard door handle in my T5.1 LWB.
This adaptor talks about a minimum version of 1100 and B revision of head unit, which mine is at least: Volkswagen RCD510 RNS315 RNS510 rear view camera interface - InCarTec
So is it really a minimum software issue?

I'm therefore wondering what my options really are to get a reversing camera working, or if I should forget about it completely given the expense and the faff it's been trying to route cables that are too short...

Thanks for your help!

IMG_2942.JPGIMG_1254.JPGIMG_4072.JPGIMG_5365.JPG

Hi ya

How old is your radio out of curiosity? And how did you find the software number?

Hope you got this sorted

Welcome to the forum @patty85

You may not get an answer from @ekynoxe as they've not logged in since Sep 2022 (click on the member name)

Feel free to say hi over in the new members thread, folks particularly appreciate van pictures :thumbsup:

Back