RIB Uberbus Flux system

Jwoodhea1

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone had a RIB seat fitted using the Uberbus Flux rails? Search was inconclusive.

I have a few questions while deciding between that or the Reimo 3000

- dangly legs? I sat on a fixed rib and can't touch the floor at 5'11. Does this piss you off long term?

-ratchet system, does it allow you to adjust seat back angle in driving position of just when used as a bed?

-bed comfort (thermoflex foam worth it?)

-isofix seat, any on the market that actually reach the floor?

Cheers.

I've got a Reimo 3000 and even with that (which is lower than RIB) my daughter's feet don't rest on the floor. She's 20 and 5'6" and has to rest her feet on a box to be comfortable on long journeys. She's like her dad - short legs/long back - and not like her 14 year old brother - long legs/long back, 5'8". He has no such comfort problems on long trips as his feet rest naturally on the floor, but when we first looked at different seats/beds about 12 months ago, his legs dangled off many, as did mine - and he hasn't grown that much (and neither have I!:)). We've only managed two nights in the van since we got it back from the converters last July, but I'm impressed by the level of comfort when sleeping on the Reimo. No lumpy bits at-all.

I'm like you, long back shirt legs. My wife however has really long legs (lucky me) so prob not an issue for her. I like the option of reclining front and back for lounging in the RIB and my preferred converters (vanworx) won't fit a Reimo, but I'm a bit torn. Not sure how bad it really is on long journeys.

We've got a Reimo 333 seat/bed on Reimo track in a LWB T6. Seat height is 480mm from the floor at the front, that's not a problem for either of us at 5' 10" & 5' 7".

We've used it a lot in the three years up to 2020 (only 11 night last year!) and always found it comfortable both for sitting and sleeping. When brought forwards it makes the camper into a big estate car and brings rear seat passengers up to a sociable distance for traveling.

Has anyone had a RIB seat fitted using the Uberbus Flux rails? Search was inconclusive.

I have a few questions while deciding between that or the Reimo 3000

- dangly legs? I sat on a fixed rib and can't touch the floor at 5'11. Does this piss you off long term?

-ratchet system, does it allow you to adjust seat back angle in driving position of just when used as a bed?

-bed comfort (thermoflex foam worth it?)

-isofix seat, any on the market that actually reach the floor?

Cheers.
The Uber is just a standard RIB seat with an adapted frame ounted to VW floor rails, so all the same pros and cons apply to the seat and its height. The REIMO is a bonded rail stsyem and the seat back does not operate the same as the RIB i.e ratchet. The REIMO is lower to the floor.
Rgds
Ian

The Uber is just a standard RIB seat with an adapted frame ounted to VW floor rails, so all the same pros and cons apply to the seat and its height. The REIMO is a bonded rail stsyem and the seat back does not operate the same as the RIB i.e ratchet. The REIMO is lower to the floor.
Rgds
Ian
Hi, thank you. I did manage to have a sit on both today at VW-T. Conflict I have is I love the look of the rib and the features, it's just the height. Do people just put up with it? There's so many of them out there. I have also heard that the rib is more rigoruously tested/theoretically safer..... Not sir eif that's true of not.

Hi, thank you. I did manage to have a sit on both today at VW-T. Conflict I have is I love the look of the rib and the features, it's just the height. Do people just put up with it? There's so many of them out there. I have also heard that the rib is more rigorously tested/theoretically safer..... Not sir eif that's true of not.
I wouldn't doubt the Reimo bed testing as it will have to have gone through approval with the German TUV organisation. In fact there will be a sticker on their seat/bed confirming this and having a serial number of that individual unit.

Not saying the RIB unit is not tested as rigorously though.

I wouldn't doubt the Reimo bed testing as it will have to have gone through approval with the German TUV organisation. In fact there will be a sticker on their seat/bed confirming this and having a serial number of that individual unit.

Not saying the RIB unit is not tested as rigorously though.
Thanks, I was questioning it because the converter I may use said they only for rib for safety reasons so just assumed.

<<<<< the front seats in this are fixed to the floor with two big thumb screws and adjusted by loosing the screws and moving the seat on the floor. Seat belts, no chance!

Thanks, I was questioning it because the converter I may use said they only for rib for safety reasons so just assumed.
They mean the RIB is a certified system opposed to many other 'rock n roll beds' which are not.

The RIB system is a combination of VW tracks and a RIB seat, while the REIMO is a complete designed system from one company. Both work, both certified. Ensure the RIB installer is using a correct method of installation, I’ve seen these certified seats fitted with self-tapping screws, and I kid you not!!!

I am not knocking RIB installers, many good ones out there, but be aware that 'anybody' can fit RIB seats while only trained companies can fit REIMO bonded 3000 systems. We do both so are not biased to one or the other.

Good luck,

Ian :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They mean the RIB is a certified system opposed to many other 'rock n roll beds' which are not.

The RIB system is a combination of VW tracks and a RIB seat, while the REIMO is a complete designed system from one company. Both work, both certified. Ensure the RIB installer is using a correct method of installation, I’ve seen these certified seats fitted with self-tapping screws, and I kid you not!!!

I am not knocking RIB installers, many good ones out there, but be aware that 'anybody' can fit RIB seats while only trained companies can fit REIMO bonded 3000 systems. We do both so are not biased to one or the other.

Good luck,

Ian :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you that's really useful information, and omg really, with self tappers!!!

It's Vanworx that are offering only the RIB. Reimo or RIB if I go with VW-T. Its much harder with covid restrictions not allowing us to properly look at options in person.

Appreciate the info!

Thank you that's really useful information, and omg really, with self tappers!!!

It's Vanworx that are offering only the RIB. Reimo or RIB if I go with VW-T. Its much harder with covid restrictions not allowing us to properly look at options in person.

Appreciate the info!
Vanworx will be fine and I believe they have their own approved isntalaiton kit. cheers

Back