Rib bed in the front?

We’re looking at the Glidemotion Sliding Rail System with Upholstered YoYo Seat from Clearcut Conversions. We’ve dropped our van off at Big V Kampers today to get a Skyline Aurora roof and leisure electrics fitted. We’d asked them to quote for fitting the floor and bed but they’ve not been able to get hold of Clearcut all week to ask about it and work out a quote.
Has anyone here got the Clearcut YoYo bed and glidemotion floor?? Would love to know what you think of it. Thanks
Hi, did you get the yoyo in the end?

Hi, did you get the yoyo in the end?
Hi Evan, no not yet. We are saving for that as the next phase of our conversion. We have been into Clearcut Conversions and looked at the seat and rail. It looks great. It's definitely the way we will go. It is not as high as the Rib beds so there would be no need to hunch or slouch when seated on it.

Thanks for the feedback, trying to find out from others if it's a rattler, not too concerned about a rail, can't find anything on youtube on operation, did you try it out for operation and comfort?

Thanks for the feedback, trying to find out from others if it's a rattler, not too concerned about a rail, can't find anything on youtube on operation, did you try it out for operation and comfort?
Yes. It functioned well and was comfortable to sit on. I took some photos whilst at Clearcut. I’ll try to add them here if that helps.

42599213-B2DE-497A-AE52-12A455191358.jpeg

71B88596-201C-4735-889C-649968456582.jpeg

1FEDBBAA-AE41-4504-81D2-E8D4DBE0AC34.jpeg

9356C1F0-DD82-4090-BF14-7178119CF29B.jpeg

AD64522B-27B6-4B6C-8229-4AD256D92E46.jpeg

Yes. It functioned well and was comfortable to sit on. I took some photos whilst at Clearcut. I’ll try to add them here if that helps.

View attachment 148328

View attachment 148329

View attachment 148330

View attachment 148331

View attachment 148332
The rail allows the seat to travel in any one of the 5 lock off positions in a SWB or 6 in the LWB. That I’m told is unusual for this type of bed seat, many are limited to one approved travel position - that being right at there back.

Interesting Dave, clearly the rail is important as the base sits so far forward, with rail it is actually about the same price as a rib with slide.....ahh!! decisions, I can feel a road trip coming up, thanks for all your help though. How are you finding the Skyline Aurora, I've pretty much settled on the same roof because of the locking mechanism and I can get it fitted locally?

Interesting Dave, clearly the rail is important as the base sits so far forward, with rail it is actually about the same price as a rib with slide.....ahh!! decisions, I can feel a road trip coming up, thanks for all your help though. How are you finding the Skyline Aurora, I've pretty much settled on the same roof because of the locking mechanism and I can get it fitted locally?
Clearcut stock both the Rib and their own YoYo bed so you are able to sit on both. I'm not sure that in the photo the seat base is at the furthest back it goes, it's just where I left it after trying it out. I'd say it was 1 position from the back. Clearcut has a good-sized showroom of the various bits they stock. Take care to check the opening hours before your visit. They close at 4 pm in the week and are not open at the weekend! Too much surfing to be done for working all hours apparently.
The roof is great, I really like it though I did have an issue with it. I posted something here on a thread about the Aurora roof:
I have no reservation about the roof. I have the bi-fold bed which is brilliant and makes so much more usable space.

Back