Lining Advise.

Jordan250

Hi all,
Im after some advise please on how to best line my van for my needs.
the vans functions are to act as bike taxi for MX/Enduro/Trials and also tow a horsebox and carry all associated horsey paraphernalia, whilst remaining a nice and ascetically pleasing van.
I cant be the only biker/equine enthusiast here so i thought id ask what you have done.
The van is a T6 T32 LWB 204DSG 4Motion.
i am considering the following.
full ply lining kit ( builders van style with 6mm and 12mm Ply)
ply lining but leaving the arches bare and covering with carpet and using 6mm and 12mm ply
or do i use the 3.5mm ply and 9mm ply?
has anyone attached tie down points to the side/roof of the van to allow bikes etc to be strapped in more efficiently?

also what lED options have you guys fitted to light the back up a bit more.
Many thanks in advance.

any experiance with the following kits?
LWB - Full Ply Lining Kit :

VAN SOUND DEADENING & INSULATION kit & free CARPET LINING VW T 2 2.5 3 4 T5 T6 | eBay

Camper Van Insulation Foam Sound proof floor roof vw t 1 2 5 6 Deadening 7mm lwb | eBay

VW TRANSPORTER T6 LWB Type 6mm Plylining Ply lining Kit Camper Van Panel Van TG | eBay

Whatever you decide dont use dozens of self tappers straight into the steel. There are plastic plugs available on ebay, to go into the 8mm holes in the steelwork, that will take a screw. Some ply suppliers already CNC holes in the ply that align with the 8mm holes in the steelwork.

Ian

Back