Reversing Light Switch!

Gavla

Hello all,

I have just bought a 2107 transporter 2.0 which I am made up with but I have an issue already... the reversing lights keep coming on and staying on all the time while driving. This also sets the reversing sensors off which is quite annoying. I have done some googling and it sounds like there is an issue with the reversing switch... does anyone anything that could assist me... the warranty on the van runs out in May but in the current climate this is likely to late. It looks like quite an easy job.. has anyone had a similar issue and what did they do. thanks, Gavla

It's just a switch in the side of the gearbox. How handy are you with the spanners because it's a simple job. I think it's best to access it from below (from memory).
Try unplugging it and see if the problem stops. That was you know if its the switch or a wiring fault.

It's just a switch in the side of the gearbox. How handy are you with the spanners because it's a simple job. I think it's best to access it from below (from memory).
Try unplugging it and see if the problem stops. That was you know if its the switch or a wiring fault.

Hi that’s great I’ll have a look.... FYI not the the bast with a spanner but I’ll have a crack

Just give your dealer a call (should they be open) or UK customer services and register the fault. Least if you can't fix it you can take it to the dealer when this all blows over and get it sorted.

Nice one thanks for the idea, great minds and all that.. I had it booked in but they cancelled for obvious reasons. Was just hoping that I could sort it myself.. I’ll have a look but no big deal in the scheme of things.

Could anyone please, direct me more precisely where is this light switch located and how to access it to check and replace?
My reversing lights doesn’t work. The bulb is ok (new), there is no fault on VCDS but parking sensors are also not working. I checked the fuses in the cabin and engine (next to battery) and all of them are fine, so I guess that could be light switch.

Reverse light switch is on the gearbox.

It's not via the BCM so not monitored.

Are you manual or DSG?

Can anyone help please?
Is that light switch accessible from underneath, top, side, front or back? Any special lifting equipment required, any long spanner? Is it worth doing myself or by mechanic as it requires dismantling half of engine?

I found it accessible from the under bonnet. It appears that the wires are damaged. Have to figure out where to reconnect them.

Back