Retro fitting wiper to unglazed tailgate

GeordieVanJam

Teacher
T6 Pro
hi... is this possible? (Obviously after fitting a window!) :sneaky:

Tried searching in forum and it's not clear if anyone has achieved this yet.

Its possible but tricky as the rear wiper is controlled by the BCM (the electrical brain) in the dash so wiring needs to run to the front of the van and will need programming VCDS afterwards
You would need to buy the wiper and motor and also replace your existing stalk with one that has the motion for rear wiper so parts wouldnt be cheap and to top it all off you would need to make a suitable hole in the tailgate !!

Its possible but tricky as the rear wiper is controlled by the BCM (the electrical brain) in the dash so wiring needs to run to the front of the van and will need programming VCDS afterwards
You would need to buy the wiper and motor and also replace your existing stalk with one that has the motion for rear wiper so parts wouldnt be cheap and to top it all off you would need to make a suitable hole in the tailgate !!
I thought as much... guess I'll just have a glazed tailgate with no wiper - unless I send the misssus out with a squeegee :slow rofl:

I have glazed barn doors without wiper and I can't see enough of the window in the rear view mirror due to the rib for it to be an issue. Is your van a camper?

It will be... still got to pick it up mid-September and do the conversion, just trying to think about everything in advance.

I'm just going to forget about this mod and focus on the more achievable stuff now... chomping at the bit and unable to start anything yet! Just been endlessly researching what can be done and how to do it.

Hi. I have a T6 Trendline converted to a camper and insisted on my conversion guys fitting a genuine VW rear door glass c/w wiper aperture and heater element.

I have not as yet fitted a wiper or wired in the rear screen heater but was intending to utilise the leisure battery to power both units. Don't really see a problem in doin it though.

Back