Renogy DCC30S or DCC50S

shaiboyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

So thought I might buy something in Black Friday (Month) deals and the Renogy DC to DC's are down in price so....

DCC30S or DCC50S ? which is best? Will only be setup to start with with leisure battery 100ah, but will eventually get solar setup too. Used for dally use with being out and about, fridge, lights etc

Is it worth paying for the 50A compared to 30A?

Thanks

I'm sure someone with a bit more technical knowledge will direct you however I have a DCC30.

I've a 110ah leisure battery and use as a daily. Mines fully converted with all the usual electrics etc. No solar yet (a job for next year) but I've never come up short on the battery and it's been fitted for about 18 months now. Have a search on here as there's plenty of info for you :thumbsup:

I'm more than happy with mine

I've got the dc50 with a 100a renogy lithium battery. I went for the 50 as I wanted to know it would recharge as quick as possible and also when I hook up solar it still gets 25a .

It’s a tough call because with an AGM battery I had to down-rate the DCC50S to 40A because of the maximum charge acceptance on some AGM batteries. I bought the 50 because at the time I thought I would upgrade to Lithium in the future - that’s when the 50 comes into its own. Being honest, I’m unlikely to upgrade because the AGM works perfectly well for my usage. I’d have been OK with the 30, but there is extra charging power there if I need it in the future.

Yes get the 50A, then add the BT2 adapter.

Then you can set the current limiter as you see fit.... 10-50A...

I've got mine set to 30A for daily use to keep the temps down..... The change it to 50A when I need a quick charge.

It’s not very well advertised, but current limiting can also be set through the monitoring screen options. 549FE960-E94D-424A-94B1-A107D67DBE52.jpeg

I installed a 50A Renogy unit with 200w solar on the roof 10 months ago...after much advice from @Dellmassive. I thought the bigger one was a good idea if I needed extra solar power as an extra panel could be installed in parallel. Doesn’t seem necessary though. When not being used the van is parked in the street and it’s doing a great job of keeping both batteries nicely topped up, even on dull days. The solar panels charging voltage is 23.5 which is just under this units max. I didn’t know it was possible to adjust it’s output but I’ve had no trouble with overheating as I’ve cut some large vents in it’s cupboard. When wild camping and off grid I’m now able to run the fridge indefinitely, after giving it extra breathing space which I believe is critical and power tools with the inverter. It was a pain to retro install and wire everything in a fully furnished camper but it’s well worth the trouble and is a great fit and forget solution.

Back