Removing wheel arch jack holder

Rg_

T6 Guru
Hi guys I want to remove the jack holder before carpeting.
I don't have a grinder can I just drill out the 3 spot welds?

Yes and no! It is a very thin gauge of metal so it's very difficult, even with a spot weld drill bit, to drill deep enough to release the bracket without leaving behind a drill pip or even a hole.

I’ve always used a grinder to carefully remove. Perhaps invest in one or try and borrow one?

Hi, i used and old wood chisel to carefully chip it off ( so no sparks/swarf flying about ) left a tiny hole and slight dent, filled with filler and sanded down.
Didn't really need to as the silent coat covers anyway and carpet on top you'd never know.
Hope that's of help.

Reactions: Rg_
I used a grinder for mine, you can pick one up a plug in one for pretty cheap and they are useful for other bits on the van like cutting out the bottom section of the bulkhead.

You could try a junior hacksaw, although it may take a while...

Hi, i used and old wood chisel to carefully chip it off ( so no sparks/swarf flying about ) left a tiny hole and slight dent, filled with filler and sanded down.
Didn't really need to as the silent coat covers anyway and carpet on top you'd never know.
Hope that's of help.

Hi mate used a mix of hacksaw and chisel and managed to get it off. I made a tiny hole too!
What kind of filler did you use? I just want it to be sorted underneath before the carpet so it doesn't rust or anything.

94570944_222829912381306_8805887398773784576_o.jpg

Made a cock-up when removing the rear wheel arch jack holder.

How can I fix it before carpet lining?

And a piece of denso tape on the wheel side.
I had a 2000 transit years ago that I removed the ply pining from, deburred all the screw holes and filled with paint, then put denso tape on the underside to cover the holes. The denso tape areas were the only area the van didn't rust.

Reactions: Rg_
Hi, i used loctite plastic padding bodyfiller probably any brand of car bodyfiller would do.
First layer i put on sank in the hole a little, after hardened i sanded down and applied another layer once that was sanded the surface was fine.
ATB

Back