Removing Dynomat Etc, Tips Please.

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm about to start fitting my Kiravans door pocket thingy. I've taken the ply panel off and removed all of the insulation and some of the sound deadened material but its left a sticky mess. I need to start again with the sound deadening and insulation, but does anyone recommend something to remove the glue and remnants of loft insulation! (yes loft insulation. The di@k who insulated the van for me obviously never thought I would look behind the panels at his handy work. But thats another story.), so I can stick some 7mm closed cell insulation in its place.

He definitely doesn’t sound like a fan of sound deadening

Update: I got some Goo Gone, and it worked a treat. Messy, but it worked.

I'm about to start fitting my Kiravans door pocket thingy. I've taken the ply panel off and removed all of the insulation and some of the sound deadened material but its left a sticky mess. I need to start again with the sound deadening and insulation, but does anyone recommend something to remove the glue and remnants of loft insulation! (yes loft insulation. The di@k who insulated the van for me obviously never thought I would look behind the panels at his handy work. But thats another story.), so I can stick some 7mm closed cell insulation in its place.

"loft insulation"?

If it's the recycled plastic type then it's perfectly fine - it's what most converters or DIY'ers use to insulate.

But if it's the rockwool type then that's pants as it holds moisture.

Back