Removing Aluminium Plates From Caravelle Rails.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've just fitted some caravelle rails.
Now when all the aluminium cover plates are in place I can see its easy how to remove the short front pieces, however I cant work out how to remove the long rear pieces.

Thanks for any help.

I Think they too pop off. Be careful of the rubber guides.. they are not replaceable.
@VWVC would best to check with for certain.

BUMP.

Can anyone offer advice on how to do this. Its not the little short ones at the front its the long Aluminium caps that run most of the length of the van.

Sorry i cant advise on this one. I have never removed the long caps as Colin @VWVC installed my floor for me .

Last edited:
Hi Fish, yes you remove the front plastic trim hen depending which rails you have either remove the small 2-3" inserts towards front of rails or if it's T6 rails you slide the longer aluminium front inserts towards the front of the rails and remove.
Then using an angled pick or screwdriver you can slide it down under the side of the top long Ali trim between it and the carpet to find the spring clips, starting at front of rail you need to lever the clip away from the side of the rail whilst lifting the Ali trim upwards gently. Then find the next spring clip and the next etc whilst lifting the Ali trim. From memory there's around 6 clips per rail.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Colin

Hi Fish, yes you remove the front plastic trim hen depending which rails you have either remove the small 2-3" inserts towards front of rails or if it's T6 rails you slide the longer aluminium front inserts towards the front of the rails and remove.
Then using an angled pick or screwdriver you can slide it down under the side of the top long Ali trim between it and the carpet to find the spring clips, starting at front of rail you need to lever the clip away from the side of the rail whilst lifting the Ali trim upwards gently. Then find the next spring clip and the next etc whilst lifting the Ali trim. From memory there's around 6 clips per rail.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Colin
Thanks Fish, much appreciated. Please thank Colin for me.

Back