Remove Cup Holder Tray In Comfort Dash

Chris Platt

Can anyone advise me how to remove this tray? Some documents have got stuck behind the tray so it won't shut. It looks like there are some screws underneath that allow the tray to pull out but 1 of them is hidden by some plastic trim. Any suggestions??

The tray is captive inside a housing, you can remove the screws and withdraw the whole thing (thing there are two screws above also) but not sure it will help you as the drawer will still be inside the housing ??

I've lost £20 down the back of mine. Where are the screws? I took a quick look and couldn't work out how the thing stayed in place.

I've lost £20 down the back of mine. Where are the screws? I took a quick look and couldn't work out how the thing stayed in place.
Its gone forever, just add it to the price when you sell it.;)
Or buy one of those claw grabby things where you push one end and a claw comes out the other (if you've never seen one then that will make no sense at all). Problem is I think they retail for £19.99;)

If your referring to the centre console then... Isn't it as simple as removing the lower bottle holder by prising from the top? You then have access to the securing screws to remove the tray.

Not the same question, however can anyone tell me how to remove the bottle holder in the top of the dash on a T6. Does it simply pull upwards with care ? reason for removing is that I have a very annoying rattle at low revs, sound like a cable knocking against the side of it

Not the same question, however can anyone tell me how to remove the bottle holder in the top of the dash on a T6. Does it simply pull upwards with care ? reason for removing is that I have a very annoying rattle at low revs, sound like a cable knocking against the side of it
The wine cooler has a pinch clip accessible when it's open near the top. The two clips pinch together towards each other.

Anyone know how to stop this cup holder from bouncing so much when driving? It’s like the tolerances of how the pull out sits in is too much and it bounces whilst driving spilling any drink that doesn’t have a lid!

Someone needs to 3D print a insert to fill the tolerance gap and stop it having the room to bounce. Or does it already exist?

1FCD6463-AF2A-4BD4-A874-EB6EAB269746.jpeg

I've stop putting change where the pen is in the picture..as over bumps its like a mini spring board..and the change ends up all over the floor

IMG_5382.jpg

They are big and chunky but the position is awkward to reach and they were stiff to pull together.

Last edited:
Probably me being a bit thick but I didn't work out from this thread how the drinks holder drawer is removed.

I have established the source of an annoying rattle/squeak comes from the drawer mechanism. The noise is there both when the drawer is open and closed but if I put a little pressure downwards on the drinks drawer when its open the noise goes.

So if I can get the drawer unit out perhaps I can apply some adhesive felt tape somewhere or perhaps spray something

Can someone clarify the method or removal please?

From my original post, the rattle stopped shortly after, however I read elsewhere on this forum that someone else had the same and it turns out to be a common thing caused by the retaining clips on a cable in that region that come off or snap. But do not know how to get at it.

I share your frustration, the cup holders are awful! It's the worst thing about the comfort dash in my opinion. Drinks go everywhere and it rattles badly when the draw is open. Really poor design.

Anyone found any solutions?

Anyone know how to stop this cup holder from bouncing so much when driving? It’s like the tolerances of how the pull out sits in is too much and it bounces whilst driving spilling any drink that doesn’t have a lid!

Someone needs to 3D print a insert to fill the tolerance gap and stop it having the room to bounce. Or does it already exist?

View attachment 48017

I share your frustration, the cup holders are awful! It's the worst thing about the comfort dash in my opinion. Drinks go everywhere and it rattles badly when the draw is open. Really poor design.

Anyone found any solutions?
Mines the same.
Hoping someone pops up with a cure.

Can anyone advise me how to remove this tray? Some documents have got stuck behind the tray so it won't shut. It looks like there are some screws underneath that allow the tray to pull out but 1 of them is hidden by some plastic trim. Any suggestions??
Hi Chris, did you ever find out how to remove this damn drawer. Like you its that last hidden screw that i cant get out.

Back