Removable Tow Bar Stuck

Jono

T6 Pro
Hi All, bit of a problem with my removable two bar, it's stuck!

Used it yesterday to tow an animal trailer, all fine. Tried to remove it by rotating the knob in the direction of the arrows and whilst the tow bar goes loose / wobbly, it doesn't drop down. I've tried key in both positions, and I've given it a little bit of a tap with a wooden mallet.

I've watched a video on YouTube about the two bar and how it should work so i'm a bit flummoxed really.

Any ideas?

Without knowing or understanding the mechanism involved are you not able to secure the hitch to a substantial stationary object and free it off by slowly pulling away??

I've not had a Westfalia one before, previous two on other cars have been temperamental, especially if dirty, but never been stuck!

I remember thinking mine was stuck once, struggled for ages before driving to the local tow bar place where I had it fitted. They took it off within a minute. I was a bit embarrassed, but cant remember what I was doing wrong.

Brainwave! I followed the instructions... Pulled knob out axially to the right, before turning it clockwise. It fell out. My previous tow bars haven't required this but that's not to say they all have to be the same. The sticker even has a little line indicating what needs to be done so i feel a bit of a knob myself!

Brainwave! I followed the instructions... Pulled knob out axially to the right, before turning it clockwise. It fell out. My previous tow bars haven't required this but that's not to say they all have to be the same. The sticker even has a little line indicating what needs to be done so i feel a bit of a knob myself!

Ah! An RTFM fault
:D

So was mine :confused:

Had a Whitter removable and on the day we where going away, Caravan, the bloody thing would not connect to the car. I took it over to the fitters in Bury and they confirmed it Knackered and less than 6 month old and they didn't have a spare.
Had to cancel the trip until they fitted a fixed jobbie, I and no more trouble after that.

Back