Remap question

chrisrm02

When I brought my van it had a speed limiter on it and the dealership didn’t remove it, so they are sending a guy out to sort it. When I spoke to the guy he asked if I wanted it remapped at the same time as the garage were obviously paying for the limiter to be removed therefore it would take a chunk off the price and would only cost £180. Is it worth having it done? I’ve obviously had a google but would prefer some feedback from people who have had it done. It’s a 2016 2.0 euro 5

Depends on the mileage on the van, high millage engine may need more looking after.

And the type of map?. A Back street map is a bad idea.... Pendle and Revo are recognised brands.

So got any more info.?

Removing the limiter can be done with some diag kit and doesn't need a full ECU flash.

I’ll ask the guy what the map is. the garage are paying for the limiter to be removed so he was just offering it as he was doing that at the same time I guess. the mileage is 170k

170k miles..... I'd be cautious remapping that. Keep it well serviced and hopefully you will have another 170k trouble free miles. (With regular service and maintenance as needed)

You never said what the spec was.....?

So it's an early T6 with no Adblue?

"2016 2.0 euro 5"

What BHP? / PS?

Do you feel you need a remap?

If not then don't mess with it....... Just have the limiter removed.

Spec as in? Sorry I’m new to this! Yeah t6 no adblue. I’m guessing just the factory standard. Is it 102 BHP? I don’t necessarily feel I need it I’ve gone from a 2.4 na T4 so am very used to slow hills but some extra torque would be nice. The mileage was my main concern. he also said about an EGR delete while doing it. Worth doing?

Spec as in? Sorry I’m new to this! Yeah t6 no adblue. I’m guessing just the factory standard. Is it 102 BHP? I don’t necessarily feel I need it I’ve gone from a 2.4 na T4 so am very used to slow hills but some extra torque would be nice. The mileage was my main concern. he also said about an EGR delete while doing it. Worth doing?
If it has a 5 speed manual gearbox that will be the main concern, especially if it’s the original with 170K miles.

Do not trust PENDLE PERFORMANCE. Took £50 desposit off me and then cancelled and told me it can't be tuned.

I got a REVO stage 1 map on my 16 plate, Euro 5, 102BHP van. It makes it much nicer to drive and slightly improved efficiency. There is occasional 'judder' in 4th gear around 2000rpm (accelerating uphill). Drop it to 3rd for a bit and away it goes. Can't comment on mileage, mine was done about 40k miles ago when it had around 30k on it.

I’ll ask the guy what the map is. the garage are paying for the limiter to be removed so he was just offering it as he was doing that at the same time I guess. the mileage is 170k
Just keep it as standard as possible. There is no need to remap it or get an EGR delete. Enjoy the van you have. There are plenty of other mods that can be done to personalise it.

Just to add to the various conflicting opinions, I had a Pendle Remap 3 years ago on my 140hp T6 taking it to about 175ish, it instantly became much nicer and easier to drive with much more usable torque and no change to fuel economy. Would I do it again? Yes.
Since then it's done 40K miles and just had routine servicing.

Back