remap or plug in??

Adam Boyes

Hi. I'm looking into plug & play boxes for the van. I've previously had dtuk Crd & pdi along with peddle box on vehicles. Still running some on a navara. They are good but almost to many settings to tinker with. Has anyone had a remap of 204 or using a plug in?
Was thinking of Pendle remap but would rather be removeable unit.
I've seen this which boasts good gains over dtuk & maybe less of a ballache.

Volkswagen T6 2.0 BiTDI (EU6) 201 BHP / 204 PS / 150 KW / 450 NM / 332 LBFT CRTD4 TWIN Channel Diesel Tuning Box Chip

Thoughts??

Has anyone remapped the 204 dsg but the 2 wheel drive model ? I fancy the dsg but i think 250bhp through the front wheels only maybe bad and super slippery plus a tyre eater!

So i was thinking do i go for the 4 motion instead but that is obviously buckets more cash. I guess i'd love to hear someone has a 2 wheel drive and tyres last a fair while ! Although family is in Austria so a 4motion would be good for the odd Snowy visit but snow tyres would also probably be fine too!

Also on the DSG box does anyone know whether it can take the torque increase of a remap. I'd use it for low gains rather than ragging it but still I imagine a DSG broken box especially 4motion one would cost a fortune!

Hello Guys
Anyone remap 204 hp,4motion,manual?Performenceremap from Gloucester told me it remap will increase power to 230hp and torque from 450nm to 510nm. What do you think about it guys? I’m thinking to do it but loosing warranty puts me off.

I have seen amazing van t6 Tsi from Leighton Vans LTD.They managed to increase power from 204hp to 304hp. Is that ok with VW warranty? Probably warranty is invalid from VW. But I’m asking you guys, what do you think about it?

Hello Guys
Anyone remap 204 hp,4motion,manual?Performenceremap from Gloucester told me it remap will increase power to 230hp and torque from 450nm to 510nm. What do you think about it guys? I’m thinking to do it but loosing warranty puts me off.

I had SLT remap which quotes around the same figures, really happy with the results. Mine was actually done near me in Southampton but they write the maps. I’ve also fitted K&N which has also made a huge difference. She pulls like a train & the delivery is really smooth. A van should not go like this haha. It does struggle to put all the power down through the front wheels a bit, I’m looking into new tyres at the moment
Regarding Warranty you can take the map back off and have the original put back on, although they can see someone else has plugged in although not what they’ve done. I’m not too bothered personally as it won’t be being serviced at a main dealer as I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them :)

Ecu Remapping & Reprogramming or Engine Remapping Software | Sheffield

I had SLT remap which quotes around the same figures, really happy with the results. Mine was actually done near me in Southampton but they write the maps. I’ve also fitted K&N which has also made a huge difference. She pulls like a train & the delivery is really smooth. A van should not go like this haha. It does struggle to put all the power down through the front wheels a bit, I’m looking into new tyres at the moment
Regarding Warranty you can take the map back off and have the original put back on, although they can see someone else has plugged in although not what they’ve done. I’m not too bothered personally as it won’t be being serviced at a main dealer as I wouldnt trust them as far as I could throw them :)

Ecu Remapping & Reprogramming or Engine Remapping Software | Sheffield
Thank you for your honest opinion Adam. Having only 204hp this van puts big smile on my face,when I put the foot down I just love this van. I looked on K&N filter and this will be my first little investment before remapping.
Regarding tyres I bought mine from Oponeno. Kumo wintercaft 255x45x18 for £107 each.Im glad I bought them before this winter.I did already 11k on them and on service last month I been told is still 6mm tread left. Quite good I think.

I thought aftermarket filters only give more induction noise and let more particles in ?

Back