Remap On A Speed Restricted Van.

Bemmy GY

Heads up for those folk with a speed restricted van & want a remap, had my Pendle remap today but the chap forgot it had a speed limiter. Remap was bang on, but could only take it so far before it bottomed out! was told to go to my VW dealer to get the speed restrictor removed ( a bit of typing on their plugged in laptop I believe) if it was done at the factory, no can do, aftermarket restrictor then can do.. & it will cost £95!! on top of my remap!

Pendle should have removed that during the remap for free, if it was a pendle dealer try phoning pendle direct and asking him about removing it.... be warned though he can be an asre at times!!

Pendle should have removed that during the remap for free, if it was a pendle dealer try phoning pendle direct and asking him about removing it.... be warned though he can be an asre at times!!
I imagine it was a Pendle agent who did the remap? My lad had the same experience and ended up driving up to Pendle who sorted it.

And probably had to pay again after having to drive all the way up there.

On my old T5 he remapped through an agent who was 3 miles from me. The van was shit even the mechanic who did it said so.... pendle then was rude down the phone to me when I spoke to him and told me I would have to drive up to him and pay him a load of cash to sort it.

Not what I was expecting and I ended up getting my money back from the local agent and having it done by a different company.

I will never give him another penny of my money.

And probably had to pay again after having to drive all the way up there.

On my old T5 he remapped through an agent who was 3 miles from me. The van was not good even the mechanic who did it said so.... pendle then was rude down the phone to me when I spoke to him and told me I would have to drive up to him and pay him a load of cash to sort it.

Not what I was expecting and I ended up getting my money back from the local agent and having it done by a different company.

I will never give him another penny of my money.

Same experience. Had to drive up and force a rebate off the incompetent agent.

Back