Relentless road muck

Our farm lane is ridiculous at the moment cutting cauliflower and dragging half the field back in the lane my van is plastered given up cleaning it till they've finished can't even tell what colour it is !

We had two identical T5's, one with mud flaps front and rear, and the other without. We used to do a regular run to London together and when we arrived they were both equally filthy. So i dont think they do much really.
Another thing, if you carry weight, i got pulled by traffic police who were following me and thought i was overweight. The cop reckoned that they look at the mudflaps if they are following to judge if you might be overweight. I realise the theory isn't brilliant, with lowered vans etc, but thats what he told me, before letting me off !

I was looking at the pattern of mud spray on mine this morning and thinking that the wheel arch trim extensions might help...
IMG_1873.JPG

Used carlack fast detailer on top on Bilt Hamber Hydrawax. This is 600 miles later.
Not you bad around Nottingham at the moment.
IMAG0332_zpsetkadzrm.jpg
IMAG0331_zpsvbwh0epp.jpg

Interior is still full of S**t.
IMAG0333_zps6d6xc2om.jpg

Ha Ha!! Good to see Mr Hankey keeping guard...My teenage daughters are gutted that his Christmas record has been removed from Spotify!

I was looking at the pattern of mud spray on mine this morning and thinking that the wheel arch trim extensions might help...
View attachment 3613

I thought all the detailing products you had applied might have stopped the dirt sticking but it appears not :-(

I applied Armor All shield with high hopes of it helping out but it doesn't seem to have made any difference on the lower sides. One filthy drive and the van is filthy!

I thought all the detailing products you had applied might have stopped the dirt sticking but it appears not :-(

I applied Armor All shield with high hopes of it helping out but it doesn't seem to have made any difference on the lower sides. One filthy drive and the van is filthy!
It was surprisingly clean for ages, I haven't washed it yet since it was done.
It will be easy to wash when I get round to it this week.

It is pretty easy to get off; I did all three yesterday and the vans much almost fell off. The Devonports are nice and easy to pressure wash clean too.

Camping out at a party in it later.

Mirrors and lights, that's all I bother with, and around the tailgate handle. There's more to life than washing a van constantly.

@Scruffy you should also clean the numberplate you can get nicked if it is not visable
j

Yep I do. I may wash it on Tuesday when I finally stop going up and down the motorway for a few days, or we may go see Rogue 1. Rogue 1 it is, the van will only get dirty again.

snow foam and a jet wash off every night after work just to keep the salt off (horrible stuff)

Back