Reimo Rail

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Some weeks ago the end cap of my Reimo rail fell off on first use - actually on first touch of the awning strip.

Today I got around to looking at fitting its replacement.

Now I understand why it fell off so easily.

The first image shows the end of the Reimo rail and the adhesive underneath it. It's clear to me that this small 'overlap' of adhesive is all that was holding the end cap to the van - the underside of the cap was not fixed to the van. This is clear from the subsequent images. If I hold the cap in position so that it fits neatly onto the end of the rail there is a huge gap underneath it. If I hold the cap in position so that it sits on the surface of the van the cap simply doesn't match up with the end of the rail - there is an uneven and unsightly gap. The cap, when in pace matched the end of the Reimo rail (Could not have noticed the gap underneath.)

Anybody else with a Reimo rail care to share some images showing how their end cap is held in place? How have other companies coped with the shape of the van and the fitting of the end cap?

My view is that the company that did my van just fixed my cap so it looked OK.

Reimo-1.jpg Reimo-2.jpg Reimo-3.jpg Reimo-5.jpg Reimo-6.jpg Reimo-7.jpg

0D555E0B-7C20-49AC-841B-863556068F68.jpeg

This is ours. It’s clearly firmly screwed on but, as you point out in your post, it does leave a bit of a gap to the rail. I could sika/sugru the gap (if I could be bothered...). The crucial bit is that the channel runs smooth, which it seems to.

Mine's the same fit. It was originally fixed in place by double sided, which didn't last long with the heat. Sikaflex is your friend...

Had the same prob with my end cap, fell off at BusFest last year as I hooked the awning into it.
I have gone for a combination of “line it up” whilst trying to get it as close as possible tobthe van without it looking daft. The good thing for me is that the van is white, and so is the Sikaflex, so have been able to make it look fairly reasonable.
I’d show a picture but SWMBO has nicked the van for the weekend and buggered off with the kids. Oh well every cloud and all that.....:)

I have a Reimo rail and had exactly the same issue with the end cap. I decided to not fit the cap, radiused the edge of the awning groove and painted the bare aluminium with the black primer used for fitting windows.
I think it looks better than having the end cap that doesn't line up and it works fine with the awning. It's dissapointing that a rail that costs £200 is finished like this.

I'm quite staggered by this.
So the Reimo rail is not tailored to the shape of the T6?
There must be a solution/way of fitting this end cap.

I had a Reimo rail on both sides of my T5, both were like this. One side - the off side, was worse than the other. The rail is straight and not shaped to the van. I ended up drilling the van and fitting a couple of riv nuts to pull the rail into the van properly v

Back