Reimo pop up roof mosquito net repair

Richy72

Hi Lads & Lasses,
Please could you give me some advice on how or where I can get the top vent/mosquito net seam repaired on my Reimo pop up roof?
When I was opening the internal flap to allow a free air flow into the van, the bottom seam on the mosquito net on the top vent ripped. I’ve contacted a few canvas repair companies in Manchester, but they are saying they’ll have to remove the whole canvas to repair it. Which seem extreme for such a small repair. Access to the damaged area can be made internally & externally by reaching through the front larger arched vent, As shown in the photo.
I appreciate your helpful advice.
cheers Richy

57EE2C38-AABE-4AFD-BB1F-8D16EDD62A15.jpeg

7D33FCBD-7621-4714-81D9-132A06A2BE7C.jpeg

2101AEC1-8E8E-4C96-A3A6-311B0AC7C9F2.jpeg

36342749-40E8-4575-BC04-1234161BF27D.jpeg

Surely it’s just a case of patching the damaged gauze with some matching material.
It won’t be invisible but does it matter.

I covered the whole of mine over with a new piece of netting, cut to shape and glued on the inside with fabric glue the tears were then glued to the new piece so it was barely visible. I used midge net too, which was better than the existing mosi material that let midgies through

I covered the whole of mine over with a new piece of netting, cut to shape and glued on the inside with fabric glue the tears were then glued to the new piece so it was barely visible. I used midge net too, which was better than the existing mosi material that let midgies through
Cheer Andy

Back